Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Going to Colorado Springs July 12. >

Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Going to Colorado Springs July 12.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
I know Linda is still here in the Springs but don't know if she has computer access. Also, she doesn't have a cell phone so I can't call her and ask.
Thanks for the info. I haven't heard from her yet. Hopefully, she'll check in sometime soon so I can find out.

Enjoy the day,

Karla
Old 07-23-2010, 10:05 PM

I am home again. I did give permission to use my pic. Just don't laugh I do not take good pics.

Thank you for setting everything up for us. I really enjoyed meeting you all. Had a wonderful time.

Kathy it was a pleasure meeting you even if we went 1500 miles to do it.lol

Kim was nice seeing you. Have fingers crossed that you get your job. Hugs for you and BJ

Still tired will catch you all later.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:53 AM

Hi Linda,

Glad you made it back home safely. Sorry I haven't gotten your pic and the group pics posted yet, I've been under the weather. I'll do that now.

Take care,

Karla

Linda finds a cute Valentine wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72129[/ATTACH]

Lunch at the Circle H Smokehouse was really awesome!! Now, we're ready to go shopping at Nuts!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72130[/ATTACH]

Finally got a pic of all of us in between our shopping spree. Everyone found bargains and beautiful fabrics! From left to right are: Kathy (burnsk), Kimberly (boxer mom), Linda (grammo013), Misty Marie (Misty Marie) and Karla (Quiltgranny).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72131[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72124.jpe   attachment-72125.jpe   attachment-72126.jpe  
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Finally quieted down here. My daughter, granddaughter and I drove home from Colorado. Left Monday afternoon. Got to meet with Rhonda and her granddaughter on Tuesday afternoon for lunch/dinner. Had a great time. It's amazing - when you meet others from this board it's like meeting old friends. I hated for the time to end. We arrived home Wednesday. My son-in-law flew here on Thursday nt. and he was busy all week-end. He re-wired my basement, installed new lights and then took down a wall in my family room so I now have a great room. They all left Sunday morning for their drive back to Colorado. My job now is to clean, clean, clean and get ready for dry wall installation.

Sure did have a wonderful trip. Got to meet you all, buy fabric and have time with my family. I hope we can all do it again. I hope to get my pictures downloaded later today.

{{{ HUGS }}} to all. If I promised anyone directions for something, please remind me. I didn't write it down.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM

Glad you had a nice trip home. I flew home . You got all the things done that I need done. Think your son-in-law will visit lol.

Maybe my sons will get busy.

Have a great week all.

Linda
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM

Finally quieted down here. My daughter, granddaughter and I drove home from Colorado. Left Monday afternoon. Got to meet with Rhonda and her granddaughter on Tuesday afternoon for lunch/dinner. Had a great time. It's amazing - when you meet others from this board it's like meeting old friends. I hated for the time to end. We arrived home Wednesday. My son-in-law flew here on Thursday nt. and he was busy all week-end. He re-wired my basement, installed new lights and then took down a wall in my family room so I now have a great room. They all left Sunday morning for their drive back to Colorado. My job now is to clean, clean, clean and get ready for dry wall installation.

Sure did have a wonderful trip. Got to meet you all, buy fabric and have time with my family. I hope we can all do it again. I hope to get my pictures downloaded later today.

{{{ HUGS }}} to all. If I promised anyone directions for something, please remind me. I didn't write it down.
Hi Kathy,

Sounds like you had a really nice trip back home. While here you visited family, bought fabric, made new friends and had fun. Doesn't get much better than that, does it? :thumbup:

Can't wait to see your pics later today.

What a wonderful SIL you have. Makes house calls, even! :thumbup:

How nice that you got to meet Rhonda, too. Boy, your trip was just WIN, WIN, WIN, wasn't it?

Hope you get to make it up this way again, too. Keep us posted.

Take care, happy cleaning and sewing/quilting, too.

Karla
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 PM

Linda and I did some more damage on the way back to CS. We stopped at Ruth's Stitchery.

I can't wait to get to my sewing machine. Want to get the back for the jelly roll quilt done so I can get it to the LA. And then on to my new fabric. WOO HOO
Old 07-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Linda and I did some more damage on the way back to CS. We stopped at Ruth's Stitchery.

I can't wait to get to my sewing machine. Want to get the back for the jelly roll quilt done so I can get it to the LA. And then on to my new fabric. WOO HOO
More damage?! :shock: :lol: Too funny. Hope you remembered to use that nice coupon for Ruth's I gave ya. :thumbup:

I'll bet it will be nice to get your machine back so you can get back to your stitching. You don't have that cute jelly roll quilt done yet? LOL

Hey, did anyone here check out that online shop MistyMarie told us about? I did, and ordered a few things. :D
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
More damage?! :shock: :lol: Too funny. Hope you remembered to use that nice coupon for Ruth's I gave ya. :thumbup:

I'll bet it will be nice to get your machine back so you can get back to your stitching. You don't have that cute jelly roll quilt done yet? LOL

Hey, did anyone here check out that online shop MistyMarie told us about? I did, and ordered a few things. :D
Yes, used the coupon you gave us. Checked out the shop that MistyMarie told us about. Can't believe those prices - WOW - worth checking out. If anyone else is interested, the site is: http://www.exquisitequilting.com

Well worth checking them out. I'm trying to be good but it's so hard. I wish they had a 'step' program for quilters or should I say fabricaholics :roll:
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM

Yes, used the coupon you gave us. Checked out the shop that MistyMarie told us about. Can't believe those prices - WOW - worth checking out. If anyone else is interested, the site is: http://www.exquisitequilting.com

Well worth checking them out. I'm trying to be good but it's so hard. I wish they had a 'step' program for quilters or should I say fabricaholics :roll:[/quote]

Oh yes, I checked it out... and did some damage, too. :lol: How do you pass up THOSE prices?! :shock: Many of her fabrics are still selling elsewhere for $9 and up a yard.

And then, these folks are liquidating and selling all kinds of lovely quality cottons for $2.88 and up!

http://www.eveningstardesigns.cityma...igns_Home.html

I didn't pay over $5 a yard for my selections, most were only $3 a yard! Her FQ are only .84 cents apiece! I talked to the owner today. She's really nice, too. Since lisainmo posted her site in our Links and Resources area, she's gotten over 80 orders just over the weekend. She's really excited about that, but as a result did ask for our patience while they get all those orders filled.

http://www.eveningstardesigns.cityma...igns_Home.html

Oh, there IS a 'step' program for us... it's called Fabric Addicts Anonymous! :shock: :lol: :roll: You can find 'em here:

http://www.indiepublic.com/group/fabricaddictsanonymous

There's even a quilt shop named "Quilters Anonymous" To help us cut down, they sell fabric in 1/2 yard increments. :lol:

http://quiltanon.com/

And here, you can find 'True Confessions of a Quiltaholic"...

http://fabrictherapy.blogspot.com/20...ilt-holic.html

Okay, I'm going to stop now. I'm beginning to feel a twinge of guilt. :roll: :oops: