Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Its back !!!! International Quilt Show Chicago!! YIPPEEE!!! >

Its back !!!! International Quilt Show Chicago!! YIPPEEE!!!

Its back !!!! International Quilt Show Chicago!! YIPPEEE!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 AM

Have to miss it this year. Daughter is getting married that weekend.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
This is one show I want to go to. May have to wait until next year though so I can sign up now for a place to stay which ever state I decide to travel to. Do they hold these the same month of the year in the same locations?
This was a show that was here (Chicago) for 6 years , then they moved it to Cincinatti. This is the first year its been back , and the date that it had been for the 6 years was changed from April to the new June date. If it does go for addtional years it is most likely to be the same dates or the same weekend in June. It has always been a huge show , with preview night on Thursday night ( a great time to go to the vendor section). Its alot to take in , in one day. I the past I have gone at least two days .
Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 AM

if it is at/near the o'hare hyatt, how close to the train traveling down from lake villa......take the train to the stop at o'hare and the bus into the airport area and walk from there??? guess i am dreaming.....DS,DDIL and 3DGS live there but if I go to visit them....could I tear myself away for a day......does anyone know how this compares to long beach show...I go there most years.....wondering.....
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM

I'm thrilled it is back! Thought I read this somewhere recently but chalked it up to a "senior moment" GLAD IT ISN'T!! Gonna mark my calender right now!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:13 PM

What is the location of the show. I am traveling to the Midwest from California for the months of June and July and would love to attend.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by dlf0122quilting View Post
What is the location of the show. I am traveling to the Midwest from California for the months of June and July and would love to attend.
Its at the Rosemont / Donald Stevens Convention Center. It is really really close to O'Hare airport. It the same exit of the interstate as O"Hare.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 PM

What is the sewing expo in April at the Schaumburg expo center. Has anyone gone to this? Is there alot to do with quilting?
I will make plans to be at this expo in June.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 AM

I'm truely happy for you. I started a few yrs ago going to the one here in Hampton Va and love it. I go every day that I can go. Last yr I went to the one in Raliegh NC and it was really nice. They supplied the machines for class so I really liked that, no carrying heavy machines. I plan on going to both again this yr. Enjoy.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
This is one show I want to go to. May have to wait until next year though so I can sign up now for a place to stay which ever state I decide to travel to. Do they hold these the same month of the year in the same locations?
You shouldn't have any problem finding a hotel...this show is near the airport and there are TONS of hotels...only 4 within a short walking distance. The hotels most likely will have a drop off available.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM

Can't wait to go to this show!!! I always went....saved lots to spend in the vendor area. I really hate parking at this show, so...I have my husband drop me off. Only problem is him seeing what I carrying when I get picked up.