Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show! >

Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show!

Join us for a Meet and Greet in Archbold Ohio at the Quilt Show!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Melody
Here is the updated list as of right now:

Rabs... Starlite....Matilda & DH.... KayT & 2 friends.... fayedear & friend....Tia Marie & Dawn.... Trisha... Quilting Carol & Bev & Betty... Crafty116 .... QuiltBear & Matthew.... IamJanet... Redvette ... frugalfabrics.... myself & friend.

And did you notice there are 2 gentlemen joining us. :-D

Thanks for your updates everyone!
Melody
:mrgreen:
That is 23 that is great!! It is coming up very quick--one more week! The area there is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM

KayT and I had a special day at Sauders, sort of a preview of next week's quilt show. No, there were no quilts yet, but they always have some beautiful handquilted quilts on the walls and one in the process of being handquilted on the frame by volunteers. Everyone was busy getting things ready at Founders Hall... lots of activity a week in advance! With all the hub-bub going on around us, we had a fun time shopping their great selection on the bargain shelves!! And boy were those shelves filled tight. I bought 20 yards and saved $60 in discounts! woohoo! (finished 3 bolts and got a deeper discount).
Then we stopped at the Sauders Village General Store which is right next to the quilt shop and bought some old fashioned candies. It truly was like stepping back into my grandmother's era.
After that, we had a nice lunch at The Barn Restaurant and talked about what fun it's going to be next week when QB members join us!

Melody :-D
Old 04-24-2011, 03:56 PM

Hope everyone had a nice Easter, I know ours was wonderful. We even got in an Egg Hunt without rain!

Melody and I had a great time last Wednesday at Sauder's our main stop was the Quilt Shop but the Barn Restaurant ran a close second. I bought too much fabric, if you can do such a thing! :) Our "Stash" is looking good. If spring doesn't get here soon we will be quilting away.

There is still time to attend the meet and greet with us. We will be meeting at the entrance to the quilt show and lunch is at 1:00 pm at the Barn Restaurant, we have a private room. Just send us a PM. Make a name badge and bring a show and tell! Make sure to check out Melody's first post here to get all the information.

See everyone soon.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:36 PM

oh, my, just saw this post and want to join you all. am going to see if i can find someone to go with tomorrow at work. wish me luck!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Buslady, you will thoroughly enjoy the day. Nothing better than a beautiful quilt show, meeting quilting board members and talk about quilts. Perfect kind of day. :mrgreen:

Melody... hope to see you there!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:33 AM

WOW just two more days! I am really looking forward to this. Melody, what is the number now going? See you Wednesday!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:24 AM

Good luck, we hope you can come, the more the merrier!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:35 AM

Here is our latest count as of this morning. We are at 21 people who are definitely or probably going to join us. And 5 more who are hopeful they can make it.

We still have room for more! If you are reading this for the first time go to page 1 and read the details for our Meet and Greet day at Sauder's Quilt Show. Let us know if you plan to come and we will add you to the list so we know who to look for at the door. We don't want to miss anyone! And be sure to wear a name tag with QuiltingBoard.com and your online name so we will be able to recognize you. If it happens that we do miss each other, then we can meet at 1:00 in The Barn Restaurant. Just tell them you are with the Quilting Board group.

Don't forget to bring something for show and tell.

We are hoping the weather stays mild like it is today, although the threat of rain seems to be an every day possibility this spring.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 AM

I am so looking forward to this it is a great show. I go every year.I just wish gas was at a lower price.$4.17.Usually Ohio is cheaper...I will have 3 maybe 4 of us...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by quilting Carol
I am so looking forward to this it is a great show. I go every year.I just wish gas was at a lower price.$4.17.Usually Ohio is cheaper...I will have 3 maybe 4 of us...
Yes, it is cheaper here. I think it was $3.79 this morning in Wauseon.