Kansas Quilters

Old 08-20-2011, 05:00 AM

I'm going on a short drive.Looking for quilt shops on highway 50 going into Kansas,down to Dodge City Kansas.Does anyone know that ares?Connie in CO
Old 08-20-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
I'm going on a short drive.Looking for quilt shops on highway 50 going into Kansas,down to Dodge City Kansas.Does anyone know that ares?Connie in CO
Found 2,Quilter's Stash in Syracuse and Material Girls Quilt Shop in Dodge City.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 AM

Where will you be traveling from. Here in northeast Kansas Kansas City, KS area there are about 13 quilt shops within 60 miles east and west.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Hi Connie, Sounds like a fun trip. Not sure how you are going to Hwy 50, but at Wray CO on 34 and 385 are 2 neat shops. At Cheyenne Wells CO is Rambling Rose also on 385. If you get over to Cobly KS great shop there. I think there are some down around Leoti KS, but no experience there. Have fun. Kathy in Colo
Old 08-22-2011, 06:37 AM

I am from Oakley, Kansas which is on I-70 about 60 miles east of the Colorado state line. If you are just staying on Hwy 50,Cimmaron, which is just a few miles (around 16 I think) west of Dodge City, has a quilt shop. I can't remember the name of it but enjoyed going there. If you want to jog up to Leoti and Scott City, They also have a good quilt shops. And Colby's shop, the Quilt Cabin, is awesome!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by SewCute
I am from Oakley, Kansas which is on I-70 about 60 miles east of the Colorado state line. If you are just staying on Hwy 50,Cimmaron, which is just a few miles (around 16 I think) west of Dodge City, has a quilt shop. I can't remember the name of it but enjoyed going there. If you want to jog up to Leoti and Scott City, They also have a good quilt shops. And Colby's shop, the Quilt Cabin, is awesome!!!
the shop in Cimmaron is the Country Dumpling. Shop owner and employees are wonderful.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 AM

There's a shop in Lamar on the corner of Hwy 287 and Hwy 50, a shop a block north of the stop light in Syracuse, a shop in Garden City on Fulton St and a shop in Cimarron about 6 or 8 blocks north on Hwy 23. I don't think there's a shop in Dodge City anymore.

The shop in Syracuse is Quilter's Stash and is on the southeast corner of the intersection.

The shop in Garden City is a little more challenging to find. Get off the by-pass at the Fulton/Hwy 50 exit and instead of turning left to Dodge City turn right. The shop is a block after the third traffic light on the left. It's called Bar-K and it's in a building with other businesses. The shop in Cimarron is in a blond brick church building and it's called Country Dumplings.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 AM

I see you live in Oakley, That is where my husband grew up and went to school and still has some friends there. In the next couple of months we will be moving to Russell, Kansas and I too will be looking for some quilt shops close by. Who knows maybe someday we will run into each other.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Sounds good. Let me know if you need any help finding a quilt shop to go to. I have been to a lot of them in the area. Hays, Kansas has a pretty good shop also, and we have a small shop here in Oakley that is okay. It doesn't have as many bolts as the Hays shop or the Colby shop, but is doable.
Salina has a pretty good shop also.

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
I see you live in Oakley, That is where my husband grew up and went to school and still has some friends there. In the next couple of months we will be moving to Russell, Kansas and I too will be looking for some quilt shops close by. Who knows maybe someday we will run into each other.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
If you want to take a slightly different route back you can go thru Scott City and Leoti. It's out of the way to go back to Canon but they're on the way to the Springs. They both have great quilt stores. The one in Scott City is Buttons 'n More and it's on Main street about in the block north of the stop light. The store in Leoti is almost out of town as you're heading west. It's on the south side of the street in a little strip mall type building. It's HUGE! It's Prairie Flower Quilt Co.