Lexington

Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM

I can remember when all cotton fabric was torn instead of being cut. I have never seen any fabric cut using a rotary cutter, just scissors and usually the scissors are not sharp and the fabric is not cut straight.

I think you might be talking about Paula's, that is the only place I have been in several years that tears the fabric.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:51 PM

Paula's does indeed tear the fabric, and so does Quilter's Square in Lexington. I prefer it myself, because the tear is on the straight of grain -- and Paula, in particular, is very good about allowing an extra couple of inches to be sure you get your full measure of useable fabric.

Don't know about Quilter's Square -- never paid that close attention, but I can't recall any bad experience with torn fabric.

Just my humble opinion. :-)
Blessings,
Mary Lou
Old 11-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by adudek
You have to go to Quilters Corner in Lexington. The shop has lots and lots of beautiful fabric and a sale room downstairs. The people who work there are so nice and extremely helpful. My son lives there and every time we visit I have to make a stop. Google them they have a website for directions.
I think maybe she means Quilters Square.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned

Went to Quilters Square yesterday. Loved it.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 AM

I don't live in Lexington but my son, daughter in law and grandson do and I found a great shop called Quilters Square. They are extremely friendly and have a great selection of fabric. I am from NY and everytime we visit our son I stop and buy something. They remember me every time. Just google it or look it up in the phone book. You won't be disappointed.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM

There are a couple of other good shops in Lexington in addition to Quilters Square. One is Sew A Lot in Hamburg and the other is Q First in Quilting off Harrodsburg Road. I go to all three of them and really like them.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:10 PM

Has anybody ever been to Whittle's in smith grove, ky? It's like a wholesale house, but they have a good selection considering and the prices are fabulous. I'm in Nashville but I go about 4 times a year to buy several backs, borders, and bindings at once. They carry wide backs too, which I like.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM

Hello! I live in Bowling Green, KY. My daughter and her family live just out of Georgetown. If you all would like to meet up sometime, I'd love to come if I can. Just let me know. Just PM me with the info if something develepes.
Penny " Country1"
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sarawall View Post
Has anybody ever been to Whittle's in smith grove, ky? It's like a wholesale house, but they have a good selection considering and the prices are fabulous. I'm in Nashville but I go about 4 times a year to buy several backs, borders, and bindings at once. They carry wide backs too, which I like.
Whittles, ya gotta love it!... I am very lucky, I live around 20 miles away and go more often than I should!
Penny
Old 11-04-2011, 05:02 PM

Whittle's also has a website now and ships fabric. They add a little extra to the price, but it's still way below market price.