Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010 >

Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Meet and Greet in Shipshewana, Indiana, Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Some may arrive early, so pin a piece of your favorite fabric to your shirt so we know you are with us!!!!! hugs Dee

Originally Posted by LindaU
I will be there for meet and greet. Am not sure if I will stay for dinner. See you at Lolly's. By the way are we meeting at the entrance to Lolly's so we know who we are looking for?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:56 AM

Great! I will see you in Shipshe. You should really look into a girl trip the first weekend in February. That is pajama sale weekend. My group Ladies of the Lake stay at the Country Inn and Suites. There are usually around 40 of us plus some tag alongs. We all sew in our rooms with the doors open and wander from room to room for show and tell and snatching munchies. Most of the hotel is quilters.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Google Goddess

so who is all planning on meeting in Shipshewana??

Patrice our moderator combined our messages into 1, thank you moderator!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by earlylace
Some may arrive early, so pin a piece of your favorite fabric to your shirt so we know you are with us!!!!! hugs Dee

I will be there for meet and greet. Am not sure if I will stay for dinner. See you at Lolly's. By the way are we meeting at the entrance to Lolly's so we know who we are looking for?
There are at least two entrances to Lolly's and two floors of Lolly's. Then there's Yoder's on the main street.

Does anyone know what time the stores close?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:38 AM

They close at 5pm.
are you coming?????

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by earlylace

There are at least two entrances to Lolly's and two floors of Lolly's. Then there's Yoder's on the main street.

Does anyone know what time the stores close?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM

I babysit on Tues and Thurs. Going to try to switch days that week, that shouldn't be a problem. Plus it's the day after labor day but I don't think we're going anywhere for the holiday.

If I can go I'd like to get there around 11 and hit some of the cute little shops in the area. My bedroom set was made down there by the Riegsickers about 20 years ago. It's such a fun place to visit. Anyone going earlier in the day?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Google Goddess

as far as I know now, I will arrive in Shipshewana about 9:00 am. to shop downtown and also at Yoders, if interested give me a call on my cell phone,. just send me a private message so I can give you my cell #

and also be sure to pin a piece of fabric on you so we can recognize each other that are meeting in Shipshewana, Indiana

Originally Posted by burnsk
I babysit on Tues and Thurs. Going to try to switch days that week, that shouldn't be a problem. Plus it's the day after labor day but I don't think we're going anywhere for the holiday.

If I can go I'd like to get there around 11 and hit some of the cute little shops in the area. My bedroom set was made down there by the Riegsickers about 20 years ago. It's such a fun place to visit. Anyone going earlier in the day?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Google Goddess

map of Shipshewana, Indiana

http://www.shipshewana.com/map.php
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Google Goddess

here is link to Lolly's Quilt shop

http://www.lollys.com/map.php

Originally Posted by craftybear
Who would be interested in meeting up in Shipshewana, Indiana?

The date has been set for anyone wanting to meet at Shipshewana, Indiana on September 7, 2010. We are planning on meeting at the quilt store Lolly's downtown at 3:30 pm. and be sure to pin a piece of fabric to wear so we can recognize each other! I will write on mine "Craftybear" Quilting Board.

Afterwards, we are planning on eating supper together.

*** Lace has a spot for us to eat dinner together
This is the place for dinner, 5 & 20 Country Kictchen, 7995 W. US 20, Shipshewana IN. Please pm earlylace if you will be having dinner with us, so she can make reservations if its a large group. Dinner time is 5:15pm on Tue Sept. 7th. Thanks, Lace ******

As far as I know now I will be arriving Tuesday morning to go shopping at the quilt shops in and around Shipshewana, Indiana. Also there is a big flea market in town to attend if you like those kind of thing. So much to see and do.

So if you want to meet us, please post a note on this thread to let us know if you are planning on attending. Maybe some of us can meet ahead of time to shop together.

Also send earlylace a private message to let her know if you can attend. If you have a cell # please give it to her so we can all meet up.

This will be so much fun!

Please post here if you would be interested.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:08 AM

I would love to come but I can't get away that day. Darn Bridge Festival is taking up my whole summer.