Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Michigan Get-Together - Mtg. on Dec. 4 >

Michigan Get-Together - Mtg. on Dec. 4

Michigan Get-Together - Mtg. on Dec. 4

Old 12-05-2010, 03:59 AM

What fun it was yesterday to meet Kathy, Connie and Carol. Found some GREAT fabrics, ones that I didn't even know I needed and some I was looking for. All shops were different with a couple being extra special. Definately will go back there again. Wish there had been more of us but maybe next time. Connie, what a hoot to find out how we have been "connected" all these years and didn't even know. Talk to everyone soon. Still have to get the bags in from the car! Have a great day. Hope to get 3 sleeping boxer shorts done for DH today. I'm deconstructing the pair he loves and will use that for a pattern. Never made one before so hope it goes well. Wish me luck. Have a great day friends.
Wendy
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Banned

Glad you all had a great time.....
Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM

It was great meeting everyone. What fun we had in Brighton. Will absolutely go again!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Should we start planning another shop-hop for sometime mid-January or the beginning of Feb.?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Burnski said it best - "It's amazing when quilters get together that you feel like you've been friends forever." How true it is. It was great to meet a few of the fellow quilt board members. It's amazing how much we have in common, just because of a shared love of fabric!

Remember we talked about a stack-n-wack pattern that only uses 4 pieces - I remembered the name - it's called Stacked Posie. My pattern is by H.D. Designs, but I don't remember where I bought it. I also have another one called Stacked Posie SUPREME. I've yet to make either of them.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 PM

The shopping trip on Saturday was a blast. Found two new quilt shops I will definitely add to my "gotta go to again" list. There were only 4 of us. One had a medical emergency and had to go home, one had to work, and then there were two. But we all had fun. Sunkistmi and Ginga discovered that they were 'connected' and never knew it. Plus they are neighbors, living in the same town.

The first shop, Creative Quilt Kits, had many unusual/unique cotton fabrics, designs that you don't see at other LQS's. Lots of samples all over the shop - purses, table runners, quilts, pictures, etc. Of course, I had to bring some of it home with me. Who am I kidding, I brought quite a bit of it home with me. This is a shop that one of our board members works at (raspberryparade09). Will definitely go back. Had a wonderful chat with the owner about her fabrics.

We spent so much time in the first store that it was time for lunch so we stopped for a bite to eat and visit.

The second shop was a typical LQS. Some pretty stuff but nothing unusual. Was really disappointed because they had promised us a 15% discount when I spoke with them on the phone but because we didn't have as large a group as originally planned she changed her mind when we got there and said "no discount". Won't go there again.

The third shop, Wendy's Simple Stitches, looked small from the outside, a little house, but she sure had lots of stuff packed inside and beautiful samples hanging all around. The gal greeted us warmly and was very helpful. She stayed a half hour after closing chatting with us. Plus, we were given a 15% discount and a little gift.

All in all, a great day. Looking forward to the next Michigan get-together.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:25 AM

Sorry I couldn't make it, I've not been to any of those shops. Sounds like next time we need to only do 2 shops, one before lunch and one after. We get so busy chatting. So what's next? Any ideas? By Feb. we'll all have cabin fever and if weather permits, a get together will be needed.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

You must put Jennifer's Quilt Shop on the get together.....You weren't able to do so this past time. Let me know whenever, and I can contact her.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Yes, Jennifer's is a must. As a matter of fact, I'll be at her shop next week to match some fabric for a block exchange.

We were only able to make 3 of the 4 shops we planned on, so I'm glad I didn't call Jennifer's - didn't want to disappoint her or make plans that we couldn't have kept. Four shops plus lunch in 6 hours time was really pushing it.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by redvette54
Sorry I couldn't make it, I've not been to any of those shops. Sounds like next time we need to only do 2 shops, one before lunch and one after. We get so busy chatting. So what's next? Any ideas? By Feb. we'll all have cabin fever and if weather permits, a get together will be needed.
Looking forward to it. Hope the weather cooperates.

Are you getting any quilting done?