Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest

Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 AM

Red face Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest

Anyone going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest Feb. 21-24 in Hampton, VA? I'll see you there!
Old 02-16-2013, 12:30 PM

Hi Alleyoop1, there's another thread on this: http://www.quiltingboard.com/offline...l-t213543.html TwinRiverFarm posted that we can meet near the lobby stairway at 1PM- hope to me you!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:51 AM

I wouldn't miss it; I'll be there Thur thru Sat; I have to work on Sunday
Old 02-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
Anyone going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest Feb. 21-24 in Hampton, VA? I'll see you there!
Some of my guild members from Southwest Virginia are going but I have to work..... bummer
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Hi There Ladies!
I am going to the Hampton show too. I got gutzy and put 2 quilts in the show, can't wait to see them hanging!!! They were both quilted by Charisma. I will be helping out at The General Store at SML booth too. We are leaving tomorrow AM. Have never done anything like this before. EXCITED!!
Sandy
Old 02-24-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by skoshi View Post
Hi There Ladies!
I am going to the Hampton show too. I got gutzy and put 2 quilts in the show, can't wait to see them hanging!!! They were both quilted by Charisma. I will be helping out at The General Store at SML booth too. We are leaving tomorrow AM. Have never done anything like this before. EXCITED!!
Sandy
I finally got to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival today instead of Friday and dropped by the booth to meet Sandy. She had already left in the morning but one of the ladies walked me over to Sandy's two quilts. What sights to behold hanging next to each other- they were beautiful and Charisma's quilting is even more spectacular in person. Sorry I missed meeting all of you on Friday. Sandy, please post pics of your entries!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
I finally got to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival today instead of Friday and dropped by the booth to meet Sandy. She had already left in the morning but one of the ladies walked me over to Sandy's two quilts. What sights to behold hanging next to each other- they were beautiful and Charisma's quilting is even more spectacular in person. Sorry I missed meeting all of you on Friday. Sandy, please post pics of your entries!!!
I went on Thursday by myself and then on Saturday with the grandkids. My almost 7yr old DGS has a fit if I don't take him each yr. He loves talking to the venders and looking at the quilts. This yr he liked the mini quilts where in the past he said they weren't really quilts. I guess he decided not to be the quilt police. He loved the way some of the quilts were irregular shaped this yr. I think next yr he'll get an early birthday present, a camera because he loves to take pictures and bugs me at the show to take them. I should have let him take his DS player because he can edit the pictures he takes with it. Now in June I'll go to Raleigh and there I'll take some classes. I'm already excited, I went last yr and it was great.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM

I went this year too. I took my camera, but had no memory card to my disappointment. The quilts were amazing. Like the little guy, I noticed the vendors had alot of doll quilts. I had not seen any in person so to see them up close and the detail was interesting. I saw quite a few patterns for them as well. My LQS doesn't really display them so they were new to me.

The quilting detail on the big quilts were a sight to behold. I can only image the time and patience it took to make some of the quilts. The show was truly an art show.

Sandy, please post pictures of yours so we can see which ones were yours.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
I went this year too. I took my camera, but had no memory card to my disappointment. The quilts were amazing. Like the little guy, I noticed the vendors had alot of doll quilts. I had not seen any in person so to see them up close and the detail was interesting. I saw quite a few patterns for them as well. My LQS doesn't really display them so they were new to me.

The quilting detail on the big quilts were a sight to behold. I can only image the time and patience it took to make some of the quilts. The show was truly an art show.

Sandy, please post pictures of yours so we can see which ones were yours.
If I'd remembered to take my reqular camera instead of my phone camera, my DGS would have had it filled to the max. Sorry about you not getting any pictures. I only took a few, much to Kaleb's dismay. I agreed with him that the irregular shaped ones this yr were really great. I didn't buy any fabric, I got another wooden rack for my rulers, there is a guy there that makes them and I got one last yr that mounts on the wall so I wanted another one. Then I just got some thread and a few other small things. I did get a lace type jacket from this one stand. It was priced high but I fell in love with it and the way they made it, it'll go with several different things, that and the thread was my big splurge this yr. The thread doesn't really count since it's a must have and the jacket was a I want item.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 AM

I wish I had read this before I went, so I could have searched out Sandys quilts I couldn't go until Sunday. Totally not enough time and I didn't even stop to eat or anything else. .. I Had a really fabulous time , met some really cool people . Took over 300 pictures. Bought very little since I don't want to pack it. Some hand dyed scrap packets, a peice of green from Uganda, some buttons and a vintage hand towel.