Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Mid Atlantic Quilt show Hampton Rds >

Mid Atlantic Quilt show Hampton Rds

Mid Atlantic Quilt show Hampton Rds

Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Hello from Chesapeake (Deep Creek) Virginia. I am going to the show on saturday too. And would like to get up with some of you too. Name tags good.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM

We need to come up with a name tag. The Quilt Show has their star that they use .... Any ideas? The board doesn't really have a logo . Maybe pick one easily pieced block ?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:35 AM

I'll be going a few days. I try to go some on my own and then on Sat I have to take my 6yr old grandson; he loves it and asks more questions than I do. Last yr the one booth let him demo the table the used the lever to raise and lower the cutting table and he was in heaven and of course if a 4yr old can work it look how easy it is. Win win for all. It's not that far from me and I enjoy just walking around. The weather depends on how many times I go. No classes for me this year since funds are tight but maybe I can take home a few trinkets.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:14 AM

I will be going to Fredericksburg to meet my friend and then to Hampton. We hope to be there Friday or Saturday. I would love to put faces to names. I like the badge idea, maybe use the teal and brown with ivory QB colors?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000 View Post
I will be going to Fredericksburg to meet my friend and then to Hampton. We hope to be there Friday or Saturday. I would love to put faces to names. I like the badge idea, maybe use the teal and brown with ivory QB colors?
Now that is a good idea. Until you said that I hadn't even looked to see what the colors were. maybe a space to put our real and board names? Just strips of those colors maybe? Rail fence sort of thing?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:46 PM

I'll be there Thursday and Friday. I'd love to meet anyone from quilting board! I took a screen capture of the logo and plan to wear this around my neck, with it turned so it hangs down my back, so anyone can see it. If you see it, please say "HI!". Feel free to use print it out if you want to use it too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]312936[/ATTACH]

right mouse click on this photo, and save target or download the photo. Print it out and voile!
Attached Thumbnails qb.jpg  
Old 02-18-2012, 07:08 AM

I see Christine came up with an idea for a tag. How does everyone else like it? I was thinking something a little different. I will make one up today and put a pic on here. Its only 1 week away. :-) I just hope I feel next week even better than I do today. This has been an awful week.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:34 AM

I have a question for the people who have been before. What time should I plan on getting there? I am about 30 minutes or a little more away. I see it opens at 10. I was thinking of getting there about 9.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:19 AM

That's what I'm shooting for. The parking fills up fast.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 AM

Wow sounds like alot of us will be there some time thru the week. But for those of you going on Sat... I WILL BE THERE!!! I am taking a bus trip tour. It originates in Staunton Va. One of they LQS is organizing it all. Racheals Quilt patch.

If anyone is near there and wants to go just pm me and I let you know how to contact Racheals. There is a 55 dollar charge but hey you don't have to drive and can relax the whole way. I personaly cannot drive it due to health issues but my friend and I thought this would be fun. yes it costs but by the time you get gas and wear and tear on the car it isnt that bad.
We will be on the touring bus,, Blue Rigde Tours.
Has anyone decided what time and where to meet for lunch?