NQA

Old 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM

The 2nd week in June is the NQA.. Would anyone want to meet to have lunch near by?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM

I'll be there on Friday. I go every year. My daughter takes off work and we make a day of it. Across the street is Max & Erma's. North Market is also close, but there's really no seating if it rains. Parking on the corner of North Fourth and Nationwide Blvd (Northwest corner) is $7.00 all day. The lot behind the NQA is closer, but not sure of the price. Access to that lot is the first street north of Nationwide Blvd and North High St.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Google Goddess

Where is this going to be held, dates, locations, etc. do you have a website about this show?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 PM

June 15-18 in Columbus, Ohio.

http://nqaquilts.org/2011show/info.php

400 N. High St at corner of Nationwide Blvd at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. I believe they've had it in Columbus for the last 10 years except one year.

NQA member

3-day pass $15
Spouse 3-day pass $15

General admission:

Daily $10

They have sack sitters. They charge $2.00 and will sit your purchases so you don't have to drag them around with you. I usually put them to work. It's also a place that I pay it forward. I usually give them $10.00 and tell them the next 4 people are on me.

Every year they have a different quilt theme. This year is the Log Cabin. No food or drinks are allowed in the hall except in special locations within the hall. If you plan to go on Saturday be prepared. It's crowded. Very crowded.

My first year there I spent 4 hours shopping and looking at exhibits and 4 hours photographing quilts. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Please leave babies in strollers at home. It gets so crowded they could get injured.

Most vendors will let you take pictures of the quilts in their booths. Those who won't, post No Pictures Allowed. I usually bring a notepad the pen so I can take notes and draw pictures of quilts in case I can take pictures.

It's the best value for my money.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

wish I were closer!