Oklahoma Quilters-wanna chat?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Darn! I would love to go to the quilt sampler sale but I have company on saturday.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Kacy
How many times we have passed by "The Tree". I love it! What a small world we live in. Do you like living here. We only come a few times thru the year. We have a 5th wheel we leave here all the time. Several families are here. We have a good time. Don't know if I would want to live here all the time. My hubby wants to know if Wayne Richardson built your house. He use to be neighbor.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ejudy
What a great bunch of Okies! I'm from Atoka and have lived around other parts of the state over the years.

I'm not a member of the Extension Homemakers (OHCE), but I work for the Extension Office since 1983. Love it. Never know what will happen from day to day.

I started sewing as a child making quilt blocks and doing 4-H projects. Sewed a lot of clothing for the boys when they were young, but now I do more crafts than anything. But quilting comes in a close second. Since I still work full time and volunteer at several organizations, I don't have much time for my "fun" things, but in a few years when I retire I'm hoping for great things.

I, too, have enough fabric to open a fabric store -- that's why I stay away from Betsey's in Antlers. Just too much temptation. I'm also clearing my mother's house in Shawnee, and she had more fabric than me. What a job!

Stay cool everyone. Judy
I absolutely adore the office workers in our extension office. Grady County has the most wonderful educator, and our office staff is so supportive. Even when I call and say I need 150 copies of something in an hour.LOL My hat is off to you. I'm sure the OHCE and 4H members value you and love you as much as I love mine.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by quilter53
When I joined the quilt guild I didn't know it but I joined OHCE. lol The guild is one of the clubs of the OHCE.
Half of our guild is OHCE members. Sometimes I get confused on which group I 'm giving a report to!! When I see confused looks on their faces, I know I'm talking to the wrong group. LOL
Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by tryitall
Did you know Ed and Jolene and The Favorite Four? We used to play Bluegrass with them. We love to go the the festivals. My hubby is retireing the 16th of July and we hope to go more!
I've seen Ed and Jolene many times at Langley and at the club shows. The very first band my husband played with was the Bluegrass Woodcutters. They played every year at Langley for Slowey at the fiddle contest. We'd like to go more often, but my guild meetings an HCE meetings, and planning the menus for the county fair and working on the craft show applications keep me busy. Plus, it's too HOT!!! Bluegrass festivals need to be indoors or in the winter time.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by quilter53
I am trying to learn the fiddle. Noone around here to show me too much. I have my mom's mandolin so I am trying to learn that too. Not very good just like to try. Of course I like quilting better. lol
Too bad you don't have a mentor. Keep at it if you love it. My husband has played for years, and he still plays every single day. He even took his fiddle to the hospital when he had prostate surgery!! He also played 2 days after he broke his wrist and had a cast on. He is really dedicated. He has a Youtube video under Southbound Mule.com for "Wild Bill Jones"
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Quilter 53 there is a guy here named Dale Lay and I bet that he would know someone that would help you with both of those instruments. I think he knows everyone in Okla. Also I sent you a pm. not sure if you had seen it.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

hi katydidit. My weekend neighbors here at Texoma, Don and Jan Riley are from Chickasha. Don't know if you know them or not. They are a really nice couple. Good to meet you.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by kacy 49
hi katydidit. My weekend neighbors here at Texoma, Don and Jan Riley are from Chickasha. Don't know if you know them or not. They are a really nice couple. Good to meet you.
Hi Kacy. I believe I have met Jan. I think she might have brought a quilt in to Gail's quilt shop when I worked there. Did they own the bed and breakfast at the golf course? Nice visiting with you.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:04 PM

No I don't think they own a B&B. they own Riley & Associates, which is real estate and appraisal services.