OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Jacque and I will be bringing fabric, elastic, and a serger to make little shorts to donate to Corner of Love to take to Nicaragua.

If anyone would like to join in, we will bring the pattern. You just need to bring fabric (min. 25")and elastic (very cheap at Joann's). We will show you how if you need help. Good beginner project if you have never sewn garments. Can be sewn on any machine or you can take my serger for a drive.

We will be working on other stuff as well but would like to go home with 100 pairs of shorts.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Did I tell ya'll the house has a iron and ironing board?We may have to put cars in the garage but if not you can sew in there.
You may have but I thought I would bring it anyways. I figure it is one of the small ones that collapses. Can be used on the counter or floor.
THat is is you have enough room in the car.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by valsma
Originally Posted by cbridges22
I haven't been to the quilt shop but I do know there is one and I think we should go!
Me to. Sometimes I'm to brilliant for words. :D

Here is the only quilt shop site I found:

http://homespunquilt.com/
I HAVE BEEN TO THIS SHOP SEVERAL TIMES, IT IS WORTH A VISIT
Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 PM

Hi everyone Scotlass aka.Penny ringing in and introducing myself. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun outing with like minded folks. I will be pooling with Karen B. and trying to figure out just what I need to put in my case to bring. I will ponder the food as I hear what others are bringing.....Could anyone point me to the link that shows the house (I seem to have missed it) and would like to see just where we are going! I am also up for a trip to the LQS ......
really sounds like a lot of good times ahead.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:27 AM

Karen, congrats on the new baby girl ...what a nice Valentine for your family.

All the plans and talk about the retreat make me sad that I can't go this time. You guys are going to have sooooo/sew much fun. I'll be thinking of you all. Make sure and drive carefully and defensively.

Cindy, your play sounds like such fun. You are such a hoot I'm sure you'll be great in your roll. The visual I see of you laid out on a red wagon rolling off into the sunset at the end of the play makes me laugh.

Valsma, congrats on your expected new baby arrival. There is nothing like grandbabies! We have 9 and 3 great grands.

Ugly Cook, I'd love to have the pattern for your shorts project. I think our quilt group would probably be glad to make a few pairs for you.

Have a great time.

Sandy
Old 10-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Hi everyone Scotlass aka.Penny ringing in and introducing myself. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun outing with like minded folks. I will be pooling with Karen B. and trying to figure out just what I need to put in my case to bring. I will ponder the food as I hear what others are bringing.....Could anyone point me to the link that shows the house (I seem to have missed it) and would like to see just where we are going! I am also up for a trip to the LQS ......
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p177548 Here is the site Penny,can't wait to meet you.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Scotlass
Penny, looking forward to meeting you also
Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Me too! Looking forward to meeting you and a big Congratulations to valsma I just read Ruben was born and he is soooooo cute! Congratulations Grandma!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Thanks for the link to the house Cindy, it looks so nice can't wait until we fill it up with laughter and quilts etc. My congrats too to Valsma on the new baby..your quilts were so much fun (especially liked the lions & tigers and bears one) OK I know there weren't any bears or whatever, but I liked it the most!

Can't wait to meet you all!!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 AM

This month is going to go fast and before we all know it there will be house in Warrenton full of women, sewing machines and all the laughter we can stand. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Thanks all on the congrats on Ruben. His is going to be another one of the joys of the family. He already has us all laughing with the way he crys, when he crys.