Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come! >

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Oregon/Washington September gathering planned- please come!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 AM

Yipee! It is almost time!

Our gathering is this Saturday!

Anyone still need direction/address?

The Doods are going to be excited to meet you!

See you soon!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM

Oh! Alice, I would so much like to be there for the get-to-gether. I'll be there in spirit and do again want to thank you for taking the hostessing this time. In light of everything that has been going on, none of which was what I thought I'd be doing , it wasn't in the cards for me to do the open house this time.

I had my second emergency hip surgery on the 19th of August to fix the first surgery. When they did the hip the first time there was a crack in the femur that wasn't noticed on the x-rays after surgery so after 7 weeks of PT and I still couldn't put any weight on the leg and I got a bit worried. Went to final dr. appt. on Friday the 13th and the crack had turned into a complete break so I had to do it all over again. Had some difficulty with the anesthesia, they couldn't bring me out of it plus I lost 5 units of blood which necessitated 2 1/2 days in ICU...I'm now home, doing OK but still can't put any weight on my leg at all and won't be able to for another 3 to 4 weeks. My mom also died on the 13th of August so we've been trying to plan a funeral around my surgery and convelescense which did happen Saturday, 9'/11. Things might settle down soon.

I hope all of you enjoy the open house and I hope to be able to make it to the next one. I'd have loved meeting the Doods! Sandy
Old 09-15-2010, 01:51 PM

We will all certainly miss you, Feathers. But please continue to heal, and follow the Dr. orders. We are all pullin' for ya.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 PM

Feathers-
We are going to miss you too! Make you a deal--you get all better and then you come for a visit. I have my new guest room all ready so now I have 2. We can take a field trip to some quilt shops. And/or a day trip to the beach. {{{HUGS}}}
2 Doods
Old 09-15-2010, 03:38 PM

Oh that is so sweet....
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 PM

I am so sorry I won't be able to attend this one! Please have a wonderful time and give us some pictures and descriptions! Hope to catch you next time!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
I am so sorry I won't be able to attend this one! Please have a wonderful time and give us some pictures and descriptions! Hope to catch you next time!
Bummer, Kitsie! We'll let you know the where and when!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

I'm also going to have to bow out. I hoped to go to Innovations (machine quilting show in Tacoma) today, but no one could go with me today or tomorrow, so I'm going on Saturday instead. At least I will still be looking at quilty things! Have lots of fun and I'll try to make the next meeting.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 PM

Feathers, Kitsie, and Dunster, you all will be missed! Hope to see you at the next one.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:35 AM

OK Ladies I have a problem.
I had planned on coming to 2 doods get together tomorrow but have had a set back that I think will prevent me from enjoying myself.
2 weeks ago Thurs. I injured my Achilles tendon and was put into "das Boot" to help it feel better. This last monday I started PT and when done they put an Ice pack on my calf and ankle/heel areas. Long story short the PT burned my leg and heel and I am now on crutches cuz the burns blistered (second degree burns).
I don't want to seem like a baby but I want to enjoy myself and visit with everyone and I feel that with crutches this will not be possible. I also drive a stick and this really won't work with just one foot. I'm pretty embarrassed by all this and hope that you will be having another get together that I will be able to attend in the future.
Have fun.
{{HUGS}}
Faith :lol:
:XD: