Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Paducah, Kentucky (USA) meet & greet at the quilt show April 27-30, 2011 >

Paducah, Kentucky (USA) meet & greet at the quilt show April 27-30, 2011

Paducah, Kentucky (USA) meet & greet at the quilt show April 27-30, 2011

Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 AM

I will be there from Wed to Sat; already have reservations and it is only 3 hours from me. I stay at Moors Resort on Kentucky Lake.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by charvan
I will be there from Wed to Sat; already have reservations and it is only 3 hours from me. I stay at Moors Resort on Kentucky Lake.
We stay in that area too at the Magnolia Inn. I think this will be our 5th year there. It is a little of a drive, but very peaceful.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
We could each make a certain size (to be determined later, I'm leaning toward 6.5") traditional block and pin it to our shirt or in my case dress, then when we run into each other we could exchange. We might exchange 20 times throughout the day. Each person that has it could add their own small label with their screen name to the back of it. It would be fun to see how many times they were exchanged. The person that made the block could put a star by their name. That way we could see who made it and each person that had it. Just an idea. We could use our own favorite colors or pick a color theme that suited everyone (yeah, right, like that could happen LOL) We could even pick a certain block like a Monkey Wrench, 9 patch, Churn Dash, or whatever, just something that would identify us to each other.
This sounds like a great idea!

How about we take it step farther, though? How about we each make several of "our" blocks, small ones, like you said, and as we meet each other exchange them. Then we'd have enough different ones to make a small table topper or something.

We could each wear "our" block pinned to us, as you said. But, we'd have more in our purse or wherever, and exchange them as we meet.

Maybe this is a bad idea, I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud..... But, I'd really like a "memento" from the people on this board for this trip.

And it would be especially great to have that be something everyone made.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:47 AM

All your ideas sound so great. As soon as I find a place to stay
I will be MORE excited.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM

I will so be there!!