Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Paducah

Blog Entries

Paducah

What to buy at Paducah??

Blog Entries
    never been there, but from what i've heard, anything and everything. even the bakeries are in on it, they have quilted cakes and cookies. I'd buy things i couldn't get locally. a kit, fabric or some new tool. I'd get something that reminded me of Paducah, as a reminder of sorts. have fun
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    If you are going to Paducah and it is not Quilt Week, then I would certainly want to go to the Quilt Museum which is downtown. Then, I would NEVER want to pass up going to Hancock's of Paducah - a fabulous fabric store, a little ways out, on the "strip" where the malls are, etc.
    Nikki in MO

You just missed the show, but there's plenty to see and do year round. The quilt museum has already been mentioned... they buy many of the winning quilts from the show every year, so it's great to still get to see them there.

Shop at Hancock's of Paducah for sure, but also at Eleanor Burn's Quilt in a Day store, too. I found lots of good bargains in there. The marked down bolts are all mixed in with the regular bolts, you just have to look for the painter's tape on the bolt ends. Some great prices!

The downtown area has lots of antique shops and antique malls to explore too.

For food, the famous Kirchoff's Bakery is not to be missed. They have a fried green tomato BLT that is to die for! Also a Tuscan Chicken sandwich I really loved. And their breads and treats are all baked right there. Pick up some cranberry walnut bread to take with you! The little coffee shop attached to them (Etc.) makes really good coffee drinks.

Right off the downtown is the Arts District, where you can stroll around and look at all the old houses and gardens. There's another Coffee Etc. shop there, too. And a restaurant called The Pork Peddler serves an amazing buffet for a reasonable price. The food is the best "home cooked" type food I've had in years. Everything on the buffet is great!

There are other museums around that I didn't have time to explore during the quilt show. There is the River Discovery Center, the Railroad Museum, The Market House Museum, and the Lloyd Tillghman House and Civil War Museum. Plenty of museums to check out!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree, everything you can afford to buy and have FUN!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I'm jealous. Want to go with you!!!

Hancock's of Paducah was mentioned. I wonder if they will remain in business. All of the Hancocks are closing in this area.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Hancocks of Paducah is not related to Hancock's fabrics. They will remain open.