Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Long arm expo

Long arm expo

Coming to Springfield Illinois in October...glad it's coming back. It will be a great one.....

Great expo for future LAQ to attend in the area.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Please tell us more, I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    Please tell us more, I've never heard of it.

Heres info:

MQX Quilt Festival- Midwest
    Oct. 19-22, 2016
    Crown Plaza Hotel
    Springfield IL
    Last edited by Geri B; 05-16-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Heres info:

MQX Quilt Festival- Midwest
    Oct. 19-22, 2016
    Crown Plaza Hotel
    Springfield IL
    I attended MQX in Manchester New Hampshire for the second year in a row... It is held in April and is so much fun. I took two full day LA classes plus a Dresden class where we got to use a AcuQuilt Go. In the LA classes, we got the opportunity to work on both a Handiquilter and an Innova. In my mind, I think I want an APQS but spending time on other machines has been a great experience... I would encourage anyone to go to MQX, even if they don't own a LA.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Thank you for the information, I will check into this. I bought a HQ about 18 months ago feeling I did something great. The dealer was quite a disappointment and I personally think I got a lemon. I am not giving up, but I would never ever buy another HQ again. I think I have a extremely picky machine when it comes to thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
    Thank you for the information, I will check into this. I bought a HQ about 18 months ago feeling I did something great. The dealer was quite a disappointment and I personally think I got a lemon. I am not giving up, but I would never ever buy another HQ again. I think I have a extremely picky machine when it comes to thread.

Yes, you should definitely go....your frustrations may be easily remedied.......and it is fun, informative, and lots of cool quilts and vendors.....

Wannabee Quiltin, I felt the same way when I first got my HQ - but I found I was keeping my sandwich too tight on the frame. Seemed no matter what, I had tension issues. Now that I keep the sandwich a lot looser, I find the machine is not near as picky about the thread I use.

I had a Bailey before that, and it liked it tight - to the point I had to put spreaders between the rails to keep them from pulling together in the middle of the frame.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Oh I wish I had known about this earlier! There are some great sounding classes, but alas, the ones I want area already sold out waaahaaaaaaaaa

Red: keep checking back with MQX. Often times they "sell out" the classes, but people back out. I believe they have wait lists for classes. Sometimes, they post openings in classes the day of the show.

Show is well worth seeing in any case. Beautiful quilts and great vendors. I go to the New Hampshire show every year.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.