Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

KarenBarnes 05-01-2011 06:21 AM

Liz, check the updates pretty much on each page. I'm trying to make it so that you don't have to go back through pages to find out what's going on! There is one on the previous page. I know that Cbridges is bringing a pound cake and I'm bringing birthday cake since we have two birthdays that weekend.

2 Doods 05-02-2011 07:25 AM

Hey ladies! If I bring a little practice piece would someone show me how to handquilt? It is on my list of "must learn to do".

Peeks of sunshine! Hope we have some at the beach but either way, we are going to have a great time! Anxiously waiting! One month to go!

KarenBarnes 05-02-2011 09:58 AM

I'll show you how I do it Alice! Not a pro but been doing it for a while!

cbridges22 05-02-2011 01:38 PM

Will someone show me how to do needle turn applique?Just tell me what to bring and I will!

sew cornie 05-02-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Will someone show me how to do needle turn applique?Just tell me what to bring and I will!

I've done a little. I find it very relaxing. I can bring some applique sharps. All you'll need to bring is fabric and thread.

cbridges22 05-02-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Originally Posted by cbridges22

I've done a little. I find it very relaxing. I can bring some applique sharps. All you'll need to bring is fabric and thread.

THANK YOU,I will. Cindy

stitchy65 05-02-2011 09:18 PM

I am thinking I'm going to bring the individual packages I found recently at Goodwill. It is the block-of-the-month club Joann' put out last year. I got a fabulous deal on all of it! I would also like to learn to do hand quilting and applique. Does anyone mind if I bring along some smaller blocks ready to try to learn those skills? What other kinds of skills are the more experienced quilters in the group willing to teach?

quiltingnonie 05-03-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
I am thinking I'm going to bring the individual packages I found recently at Goodwill. It is the block-of-the-month club Joann' put out last year. I got a fabulous deal on all of it! I would also like to learn to do hand quilting and applique. Does anyone mind if I bring along some smaller blocks ready to try to learn those skills? What other kinds of skills are the more experienced quilters in the group willing to teach?

On Saturday, I will be teaching a paper piecing class for anyone who wants to learn :thumbup:

cbridges22 05-03-2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

Originally Posted by stitchy65

On Saturday, I will be teaching a paper piecing class for anyone who wants to learn :thumbup:

I DO,I DO! I am trying to paper piece right now and making a royal mess so I look forward to it.What do we need to bring?

KarenBarnes 05-03-2011 09:12 AM

I'm sending out the check today for a final total of 16! The house holds 22 and we can have more people up until 2 weeks before but that does mean for certain that beds will need to be shared. Some have said they have some friends that want to come so let me know commitments asap!