Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

cbridges22 05-26-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
PLEASE! PLEASE! from me too Sherryl.
What colors should we bring to make for you?

If you would like to send me your email I will email all the info to you.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Beautiful,I want one!I will pm you. Cindy

sew cornie 05-26-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Would any of you like for me to bring my paper piece pattern for the Candlequilter Star for you? I have been emailing out the pattern to board members in exchange for them to do one 12" block and send back to me to use on a charity quilt(s). Here is a picture of the block.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Ooooh, me too! Beautiful star! PMing you.

Feathers 05-26-2011 04:45 PM

Sherryl: I just PM'd you with my e-mail address. I'd love to have the block pattern and would love to make a block or two for your charity quilts.

quiltingnonie 05-26-2011 06:10 PM

So are you guys still interested in my paper piecing class? I'm thinking if you can make Candlequilter's star, you are experienced paper piecers! Don't be afraid to speak up - it won't hurt my feelings, I PROMISE :)

UglyCook 05-26-2011 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
So are you guys still interested in my paper piecing class? I'm thinking if you can make Candlequilter's star, you are experienced paper piecers! Don't be afraid to speak up - it won't hurt my feelings, I PROMISE :)

I'm thinking I can start with yours in the morning and move on to hers in the afternoon. :lol:

Seriously, I've never done any paper piecing. I'm clueless.

cbridges22 05-26-2011 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

No,I am not experienced but if I have the pattern I should be able to do it after your class!RIGHT?

UglyCook 05-26-2011 06:16 PM

Do you think we're being a bit over optimistic?

2 Doods 05-26-2011 06:24 PM

Laurie,
I'm looking forward to your class too. I taught myself to PP so I am sure you have some tricks I need to know.

KarenBarnes 05-26-2011 06:26 PM

I'm very interested Laurie! I'm even lugging a sewing machine just so I can try it! That and to use some red scraps! :) I've never done paper piecing so I want to try it!

cbridges22 05-26-2011 06:45 PM

Laurie,I have tried PP but it gives me seizures!I know it can't be as hard as I make it so I am looking forward to you tips and class.