Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

quiltingnonie 05-10-2011 09:51 AM

Thanx, Jen. Yes, she will be one BUSY Mom. Jimena was born Oct. 15th. I thought my two were close together - born 361 days and 8 hours apart. She's got me beat! And once again, they prefer NOT to know the sex of the baby, so will be kept in suspense. I think this time however, I will wait until after the baby is born to make a quilt!

P.S. Anyone got a good used DOUBLE stroller for sale?

sew cornie 05-10-2011 11:39 AM

I love that they're waiting till the baby's born. We didn't find out with either of ours either and if I had to do it over again, I'd do it just the same. Again, congratulations! You must be on Cloud 9!

2 Doods 05-10-2011 01:36 PM

OH! Baby! Baby! You lucky grandmas! Hope you will bring you "brag books" to the beach!

quiltingnonie 05-10-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
OH! Baby! Baby! You lucky grandmas! Hope you will bring you "brag books" to the beach!

I NEVER leave home without them! :lol:

Feathers 05-10-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie

Originally Posted by stitchy65
I am thinking I'm going to bring the individual packages I found recently at Goodwill. It is the block-of-the-month club Joann' put out last year. I got a fabulous deal on all of it! I would also like to learn to do hand quilting and applique. Does anyone mind if I bring along some smaller blocks ready to try to learn those skills? What other kinds of skills are the more experienced quilters in the group willing to teach?

On Saturday, I will be teaching a paper piecing class for anyone who wants to learn :thumbup:

Laurie:
Both my sister Sharon and I want to learn paper piecing. Count us in! Sandy

Feathers 05-10-2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
Would anyone object to cheddar jalapeno Cheetos? Is there another kind of chips the ladies in the group like?

Chips? Never met a bag I didn't love!

:lol:

Feathers 05-10-2011 05:11 PM

I m bringing the turkey which can be eaten for lunch or dinners...I'll have it all sliced and ready to eat whenever anyone wants to go for it. I hope to be able to find one about 25 pounds so we'll have lots. I also thought I might make a bunch of gravy for hot turkey sandwiches.

I have no allergies to food except I, too, get puffed up and tip the scales way far to the right but that isn't caused by an allergy....it's my love of good food that triggers my maladies!

Feathers 05-10-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Dropped my check in the mail today. I can bring potato salad if thats okay with everyone. Plus I can bring a sack of potatoes and a couple dozen eggs in case anyone wants that for breakfasts.

Thanks,
Sherryl

Sounds like a great idea.

Pattyjo7686 05-10-2011 07:53 PM

Sounds like we should be eating pretty good..yum yum lol

cbridges22 05-10-2011 08:07 PM

Is it time to go yet?