Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

Feathers 05-12-2011 05:47 AM

So pleased to hear of your new grandbaby. Hope mom and baby are doing great. You'll have so much fun with this new, blessed joy in your life. Congrats!

Wine Woman 05-12-2011 07:36 AM

Congratulations Grandma K! Glad to hear things are ok. Did she have a C section? And the quilt is finished - Right!??!

sew cornie 05-12-2011 09:05 AM

Congratulations Karen! I hope all are doing well! Of course you're bringing pictures to the beach, right?

trish b 05-12-2011 12:49 PM

Congratulations Karen great to have new grand baby.
I will be happy to help cook if there is a need. I cannot sit to long without getting up to move around.
Karen, did you say we have to bring all our own bed linens and towels,etc? I will bring kitchen towels and cloths along with dish soap. This is just like going camping, which we do 2 or 3 times a year.
I cannot eat bananas, or Tuna. They are easy to avoid.

KarenBarnes 05-12-2011 04:24 PM

Payments now received from Bluelady and Candlequilter. That makes 17! I'm waiting to hear from one more person who PM'd me but I'm honestly not sure which name to call her by! I've paid for her!

Update on food that was volunteered:
Condiments and a pound cake and coffee (Cbridges), a turkey,gravy etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop), red wine (Winewoman), birthday cake for 2Doods & Feathers and snacking vegetables and fruit (Karen), veggie/dip tray and salad (2Doods), fruit, ice cream, Hershey's syrup and a variety of teas (SewCornie), dessert (mistiliz), Ham, Roastbeef and Turkey for lunch along with some lettuce, tomatoes,bread, etc (TrishB), baked beans Patty Jo, and potato salad, a sack of potatoes and a couple dozen eggs in case anyone wants that for breakfasts(Candlequilter). If I've missed something (or added :)) something please let me know!

Feathers has a bingo game and a word game. Bring 3 fat quarters (purchased or cut it yourself).

Quiltingnonie is going to show us PP and will post a supply list.

The rental has a fitted sheet on the bed but only as a mattress cover. You will need bedding and towels. I believe they provide kitchen towels, soap, etc. I will confirm this before we go!

KarenBarnes 05-12-2011 04:29 PM

I'm still a little foggy in the brain! Been taking care of 4 boys 7 and under for the past two days as well as attending the birth in the middle of the night. My DIL was able to deliver without a C-section and did an awesome job! My new GD didn't want to breathe right away and had to have some resuscitation done but seems to be doing fine now. They both came home today! Yes, I'll have pictures of all the kids, since I had a new GS in Feb. Thanks for the prayers, they were much appreciated!

stitchy65 05-12-2011 08:23 PM

How will we know what size we will each be sleeping in? I'm just wondering how we will know which size sheets to bring.

stitchy65 05-12-2011 08:24 PM

oops LOL I meant how will we know what size BED we will each be sleeping in.

KarenBarnes 05-12-2011 09:30 PM

Personally, I'm just going to bring a large flat sheet and a blanket/pillow. You could bring a sleeping bag or something similar. There are all different sizes of beds so I really don't have a different suggestion for you. Check out the website for the list. It will be first come first pick but there are enough spaces that I think if we work together, we'll all have a good time! I've already volunteered to share a king with someone.

Pattyjo7686 05-12-2011 09:54 PM

Trish and I would like to share a king or queen we need the space prefer a king we will be there early to pick ours out.