Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

Feathers 05-13-2011 10:03 AM

My sister and I can share a bed but I'd like to ask if it's possible to be on the main floor as I have a real problem with stairs. I'll be scheduling another hip surgery later this summer as I 'm having a bunch of trouble with standing and walking very much without a walker. Don't want to be a problem or inconvenience anyone but these are my limitations.

KarenBarnes 05-13-2011 03:08 PM

Okay ladies, I have one spot paid for but no quilter. Does anyone know of someone who wanted to go but didn't get in on the deal? There are a lot of quilters in the area and I can post a general message but wanted to let you ask your friends first! I do have to close the signup when that spot is taken.

Also, could all of you please let me know again what day you are planning to come? I don't want to make bed assignments but there are some who have challenges with stairs, etc. and would like to make everyone as comfortable as possible! It will be first come first choice but hope you don't mind making the exception for these type of needs.

Feathers 05-13-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Okay ladies, I have one spot paid for but no quilter. Does anyone know of someone who wanted to go but didn't get in on the deal? There are a lot of quilters in the area and I can post a general message but wanted to let you ask your friends first! I do have to close the signup when that spot is taken.

Also, could all of you please let me know again what day you are planning to come? I don't want to make bed assignments but there are some who have challenges with stairs, etc. and would like to make everyone as comfortable as possible! It will be first come first choice but hope you don't mind making the exception for these type of needs.

Hi Karen:
I didn't mean to be a pain in the backside about stairs but I would appreciate it if it's possible to be on the main floor. Sharon and I will be there on Thursday and will stay til Sunday.

candlequilter 05-13-2011 04:20 PM

Hi Karen, I plan on coming down Thursday afternoon and staying until Sunday morning.

Thanks,
Sherryl

KarenBarnes 05-13-2011 06:49 PM

Sandy, you're not a pain! There are others who don't like the stairs either! I just want to make sure all are comfy! If you aren't comfy, you won't have fun! If you don't have fun, it's not worth it!

Thanks for the responses!

sew cornie 05-13-2011 07:55 PM

I'll be there Friday mid-day at the earliest. Since i'm probably among the last to arrive, I call dibs on the creakiest, most rickety top-bunk in the house! :lol: :lol:

Lilrain 05-13-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I'll be there Friday mid-day at the earliest. Since i'm probably among the last to arrive, I call dibs on the creakiest, most rickety top-bunk in the house! :lol: :lol:

Thank you, I know some will need to be on the top bunk, and it sure can't be me. I could not get up there in the first place, but if I did, I would probably have you calling the fire department to get me dowm. LOL And wouldn't that be a trip and a half for a couple of times to the bathroom during each night. Oh my, isn't getting old fun?

quiltingnonie 05-13-2011 08:33 PM

Sew Cornie. WHAT a Trooper!! :D

stitchy65 05-13-2011 09:18 PM

I am planning on coming down Thursday after work. I get off around 6pm. I can climb stairs if needed but would rather not. I know we can't all be on the first floor. Don't worry ladies, I am sure we will get it all worked out.

Wine Woman 05-14-2011 05:45 AM

I will be there by Thursday afternoon all depending if I have to work or not. If so I'll be there by 8 at the latest and stay till Sunday morning. I can do stairs-that's fine with me! It's gettin closer!

Thank you Karen for taking charge for all of us, keeping things organized and in control! You are doing such a great job!