Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

2 Doods 06-01-2011 05:38 AM

Jen-
The Quilted Hill is a cute shop. And if the sky is clear she has a great view! I am stopping on my way through on Thursday.

Cindy-Paper plates! DUH! Glad you thought of that!!

Lilrain and Bluelady-We will miss seeing you this weekend. Maybe next time will work better for you.

I am just bringing my FW and whatever is in my bag from last weekend when we made a trip to check on FIL. He is back in the hospital. If I can find my Christmas fabric, I'll throw some in for the stockings-not sure where I put it.

Drive Safe Everyone! See you soon!

KarenBarnes 06-01-2011 06:00 AM

Lilrain, you could carpool! It sounds as if there are a few ladies who can't sleep at night and you would have company!

Candlequilter, leave the computer home! In all the paperwork and online, I haven't found anything to indicate there is wifi. I'll be bringing my tablet to show off my new GD & GS. It has wifi and I'd be happy to share if we find different!

KarenBarnes 06-01-2011 06:27 AM

Here is the latest update!

Update on food that was volunteered:
Condiments and a pound cake and coffee (Cbridges), a turkey,gravy etc (Feathers) a chicken lasagna and Costco muffins (quilttiludrop), red wine, paper goods(Winewoman), birthday cake for 2Doods & Feathers and snacking vegetables and fruit, M&M's, banana bread (Karen), veggie/dip tray and salad (2Doods), fruit, ice cream, Hershey's syrup and a variety of teas (SewCornie), dessert (mistiliz), Ham, Roastbeef and Turkey for lunch along with some lettuce, tomatoes,bread, etc (TrishB), baked beans Patty Jo, and potato salad, a sack of potatoes and a couple dozen eggs in case anyone wants that for breakfasts(Candlequilter). (With Lilrain out the waffles,syrup soup,crackers are gone.) If I've missed something (or added) something please let me know!

We have 13 for sure on Thurs night (2 I haven't heard from), 16 on Fri night-Sun am. I'm putting out a gold star balloon near the driveway so that you can find us!

Feathers has a bingo game and a word game. Bring 3 fat quarters (purchased or cut it yourself). She also is coming up with a bonus in this area!

Quiltingnonie is going to show us PP. Here is what you will need to bring.

a few pins, but not huge ones
a size 90 needle for your machine
a finger pressing thingy - nice but not mandatory
F8's, FQ's, scraps of fabric

The patterns I am bringing are for 6" finished blocks. They are an assortment of flowers, hearts, houses, trees, baskets, etc. etc. You might want to have a solid/near solid piece of fabric backgrounds. i.e. sky, grass, white, off white. (Especially if you plan to make more than one block and want them to coordinate)

The rental has a fitted sheet on the bed but only as a mattress cover. You will need bedding and towels, possibly a pillow (they are provided but under the same circumstances as the beds). Kitchen towels, etc are taken care of!

I'm bringing a travel ironing board, iron, cutting mat and rotary, etc.

Bring Christmas fabric if you want to assist with the stockings.

stitchy65 06-01-2011 07:20 AM

Lilrain, I'm sorry I won't get to meet you in person. Maybe next time. Take care of yourself and I hope you get the sleeping thing figured out real soon.

Angela

Wine Woman 06-01-2011 08:06 AM

Hey girls I might have the tasting room open for a bit- come by and see me! When you go out of Quilted Hill if you turn to the left and go right at the stop sign you will end of at the hwy. About three miles you come into Carlton - where the hwy in Carlton you have to turn right or left - turn left and I'll be on the right- turn right (gas station on corner and Melton Gallery on the other) and you will head out to the beach! I probably won't be there past three! I have some place to be in Lincoln City!

Oh ladies-I just reread and sorry Jen I will already be there and 2doods you know where I'm at!!

We will miss you bluelady-I'm sorry your plans changed-maybe they can change again and you can join us!

trish b 06-01-2011 01:16 PM

Patty Jo and I are as ready as can be. I wanted to start out two days ago.
Wine Woman I went to Costco this morning too.

I will also be avalable to help with applique. I do it on a regular basis and my project to bring is hand applique and some machine applique as well.

Safe driving everyone.

I am so sorry you cannot make it Lilrain and Bluelady.

craftybear 06-01-2011 02:15 PM

Wow, everyone have fun at your beach retreat and take lots of pictures

Feathers 06-01-2011 05:47 PM

Hi Everybody:
The Jeep is in the driveway, loaded and ready to go. I'll be leaving for the beach about 8:00 tomorrow morning...will pick my sister up in Aloha about 10:00 then on to the beach. I need to make a Costco stop so will do that before we leave Aloha. I'm so excited.

Will everyone take a minute or two to think of something you have done in your life that you are very proud of (besides making wonderful children) , awards you have received, accomplishments, trips to Survival Islands; celebrities you know personally from before they became famous; whatever interesting tidbits you want to share but we'll do this via writing it down on a piece of paper and throughout the week end we'll guess who might be the one who worked with Ted Bundy or was Miss America/ runner up or who swam the English Channel or ???????whatever. This should be fun. We'll learn more about each other and who knows, there might be a "prize" for the best guesser.

Drive carefully everyone.
Sandy/Feathers

UglyCook 06-01-2011 07:46 PM

I'm bringing 60 pounds of dog food...

2 Doods 06-01-2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
I'm bringing 60 pounds of dog food...

And Riley is going to LOVE you for it! Too bad she can't come :lol: