Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

cbridges22 05-16-2011 01:55 PM

Love waffles!

sew cornie 05-16-2011 08:31 PM

Sounds like there will be no lack of great food. This is a quilting retreat right??? :lol: :lol: :lol: It's coming up soon!

KarenBarnes 05-17-2011 05:51 AM

I'm gaining weight just thinking about the trip! :) That seems to be how it works for me!

Colbaltjars62 05-17-2011 12:11 PM

Yep me too ;)
:XD:

Lilrain 05-17-2011 12:30 PM

We could have a Quilt Fast day. Quilt as fast as you can and without food

KarenBarnes 05-17-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lilrain
We could have a Quilt Fast day. Quilt as fast as you can and without food

We'd probably get more done this way! No stopping for food and the results of eating, and no food comas! :)

KarenBarnes 05-17-2011 01:02 PM

Here is the update on the bedrooms. (Those of us who can brave the top bunk will need to do so, otherwise you might bring a blow up twin!) The cabin has six bedrooms (sleeps 22+ ) and three full bathrooms. Bedroom #1 on the main floor is a huge master bedroom, has a king size bed, cable TV, and its own bath. Upstairs bedroom #2 has one double bed. Bedroom # 3 sleeps 6 and has two custom-made twin over double bunk beds. Bedroom #4 also sleeps 6 and has two custom made twin over double bunk beds, This large bedroom also has a cable TV with game ports for your video games etc. All three floors at Sea Haven have great Ocean views.
<>
Downstairs are two more bedrooms, one more bathroom, a second full size kitchen &
living room, One bedroom has a king size bed and the other has two twin over twin bunk beds. If you have a large group, lots of couples, or teenagers who must have their own space, Sea Haven has the room you need.
<>
In the great room there are three sofas facing our stone fireplace with a gas insert.

sew cornie 05-17-2011 06:32 PM

Thanks for the info Karen. I was serious about a top-bunk, but if someone else really wants the creakiest one, I guess I'm willing to give that up. :roll:

A suggestion for those considering bringing small tables to work on . . . if you have a lamp, you may want to bring that along too. Last fall it worked well to have my small table, but the main lighting was at the dining room table and not real great in the area I was working in. Not complaining at all, but now I know that I'll bring a worklight with this time.

Wine Woman 05-17-2011 07:25 PM

I'm trying to get caught up on all the happenings! Lots of food-yum! Soup and waffles sound wonderful.

Thanks sew cornie for the suggestion on bringing an extra light as well. Good idea.

Thanks Karen for the update on the house and rooms. I couldn't count how many are actually going. Did I miss that somewhere?

Just to make sure I have the right weekend-it is the first weekend in June? June 2-5. Will I be there on the right weekend? :?: :?: :!:

KarenBarnes 05-17-2011 07:57 PM

June 2-5! We have 18! 16 that I know of for Thurs and 18 for Friday and 17 for Saturday. I haven't heard from everyone as to exact days they will be there but most have reported in.