Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

ksea 06-10-2011 12:47 PM

Ladies, thank you to everyone for posting your pics and your comments, it makes those of us who have never been to a retreat really really want to go and it lets us live a little through you all.

KarenBarnes 06-10-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ksea
Ladies, thank you to everyone for posting your pics and your comments, it makes those of us who have never been to a retreat really really want to go and it lets us live a little through you all.

This is the second for this group. It grew by double this year from last year! What a fun time and a fun way to meet new people! If you ever get the chance, you'll have a blast! It was funny to talk with the others and find out that we all followed some of the same quilters on the board. Since some of us had never met, it just made the coincidences grow!

quilttiludrop 06-11-2011 09:12 AM

It was a great location, great company, and great food! What more could you ask for? Yes, we all got some sewing done too!

charismah 06-13-2011 03:00 PM

WOW>...I just LOVE all the pictures from your retreat! It looks like you all had so much FUN!

Candlequilter I love your idea of using our longarmed quilts as a hammock! I can tell you girls were just having a ball!

I also see that a quilt I have the privileged of longarming made it to the retreat! :thumbup:

cbridges22 06-13-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
WOW>...I just LOVE all the pictures from your retreat! It looks like you all had so much FUN!

Candlequilter I love your idea of using our longarmed quilts as a hammock! I can tell you girls were just having a ball!

I also see that a quilt I have the privileged of longarming made it to the retreat! :thumbup:

You will have to join us next retreat.

sew cornie 06-13-2011 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by charismah

Laurie's quilt is stunning. I've had the privilege of seeing it in process since last summer and it was lovely to see it finished. Your quilting on it highlights her piecing beautifully. You'll have to join us sometime. You're not THAT far away. :-D

Wine Woman 06-14-2011 07:34 PM

Kind of off the weekend topic but we all live so close and travel the same roads so I wanted to share some of my visits to a couple of nice Quilt Stores over the last week. I wanted to share with all of you that there is a new little quilt store that opened in Gaston. Very cute it's in an old house- Very limited on fabric but wonderful prices. She also has long arm services very reasonable.

Sew Cornie- I visited two quilt stores yesterday and today and thought of you. In Canby, the very nice quilt store had plaids on clearance. If you buy one yard you get 40% off. But the best was today. In West Linn, Holy Hill Quilt Store is a gallery of beautiful quilts, fabric and a lot of fun things. This store is so much fun. Love the way its laid out and all the displays are very nice. Everytime I go its all rearranged - so its like my first time all over again! Everyone must go to experience the beauty of so many things. Sew Cornie they have sooooo many plaids! You have got to go! Don't forget that down the hall is another part of the store with brights and children fabrics.

Everyone may have already visited the stores or know about them but just had to share if not. It's worth the trip they are all unique-but make sure you have extra time to spend in Holly Hill because you will need it.

candlequilter 06-14-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Well it seems like I have gone to several Quilt Stores over the last week. I wanted to share with all of you that there is a new little quilt store that opened in Gaston. Very limited on fabric but wonderful prices. She also has long arm services very reasonable.

Sew Cornie- I visited two quilt stores yesterday and today and thought of you. In Canby the very nice quilt store had plaids on clearance. If you buy one yard you get 40% off. But the best was today. In West Linn Holy Hill is a gallery of beautiful quilts, fabric and a lot of fun things. This store is so much fun. So very nicely laid out and very nice things. Everyone must go to experience the beauty of so many things. Sew Cornie they have sooooo many plaids! Don't forget that down the hall is another part of the store with brights and children fabrics.

Everyone may have already visited the stores or know about them but just had to share if not. It's worth the trip they are all unique-but make sure you have extra time to spend in Holly Hill because you will need it.

They all sound so wonderful - wish they weren't so far away. :cry:

Thanks for letting us know tho,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Feathers 06-14-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Kind of off the weekend topic but we all live so close and travel the same roads so I wanted to share some of my visits to a couple of nice Quilt Stores over the last week. I wanted to share with all of you that there is a new little quilt store that opened in Gaston. Very cute it's in an old house- Very limited on fabric but wonderful prices. She also has long arm services very reasonable.

Sew Cornie- I visited two quilt stores yesterday and today and thought of you. In Canby, the very nice quilt store had plaids on clearance. If you buy one yard you get 40% off. But the best was today. In West Linn, Holy Hill Quilt Store is a gallery of beautiful quilts, fabric and a lot of fun things. This store is so much fun. Love the way its laid out and all the displays are very nice. Everytime I go its all rearranged - so its like my first time all over again! Everyone must go to experience the beauty of so many things. Sew Cornie they have sooooo many plaids! You have got to go! Don't forget that down the hall is another part of the store with brights and children fabrics.

I'll have to grab Sharon and go quilt shop creeping one of these days SOON. Thanks for the info.

Wine Woman 06-14-2011 08:05 PM

Sheryll you will just have to come to our area and spend some time with us! Can't wait to come up your way and sew and shop your quilt/material stores. Have you been to Fabric Depot? Oh my I'm in so much trouble-I went today and did damage again!