Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/)
-   -   NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/offline-events-announcements-discussions-f16/nw-oregon-sw-washington%7Ebeach-retreat-t112545.html)

Wine Woman 06-14-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Kind of off the weekend topic but we all live so close and travel the same roads so I wanted to share some of my visits to a couple of nice Quilt Stores over the last week. I wanted to share with all of you that there is a new little quilt store that opened in Gaston. Very cute it's in an old house- Very limited on fabric but wonderful prices. She also has long arm services very reasonable.

Sew Cornie- I visited two quilt stores yesterday and today and thought of you. In Canby, the very nice quilt store had plaids on clearance. If you buy one yard you get 40% off. But the best was today. In West Linn, Holy Hill Quilt Store is a gallery of beautiful quilts, fabric and a lot of fun things. This store is so much fun. Love the way its laid out and all the displays are very nice. Everytime I go its all rearranged - so its like my first time all over again! Everyone must go to experience the beauty of so many things. Sew Cornie they have sooooo many plaids! You have got to go! Don't forget that down the hall is another part of the store with brights and children fabrics.

Everyone may have already visited the stores or know about them but just had to share if not. It's worth the trip they are all unique-but make sure you have extra time to spend in Holly Hill because you will need it.

I'll have to grab Sharon and go quilt shop creeping one of these days SOON. Thanks for the info.

Feathers let me know and maybe I can join you two for some lunch!

cbridges22 06-14-2011 08:16 PM

I have always wanted to go to Fabric Depot.Have any of ya'll done the shop hops?Can you believe it has only been a week since the retreat!

Feathers 06-14-2011 08:17 PM

I'll have to grab Sharon and go quilt shop creeping one of these days SOON. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Feathers let me know and maybe I can join you two for some lunch![/quote]

OK, sure will let you know.

Wine Woman 06-14-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers

Kind of off the weekend topic but we all live so close and travel the same roads so I wanted to share some of my visits to a couple of nice Quilt Stores over the last week. I wanted to share with all of you that there is a new little quilt store that opened in Gaston. Very cute it's in an old house- Very limited on fabric but wonderful prices. She also has long arm services very reasonable.

Sew Cornie- I visited two quilt stores yesterday and today and thought of you. In Canby, the very nice quilt store had plaids on clearance. If you buy one yard you get 40% off. But the best was today. In West Linn, Holy Hill Quilt Store is a gallery of beautiful quilts, fabric and a lot of fun things. This store is so much fun. Love the way its laid out and all the displays are very nice. Everytime I go its all rearranged - so its like my first time all over again! Everyone must go to experience the beauty of so many things. Sew Cornie they have sooooo many plaids! You have got to go! Don't forget that down the hall is another part of the store with brights and children fabrics.

Everyone may have already visited the stores or know about them but just had to share if not. It's worth the trip they are all unique-but make sure you have extra time to spend in Holly Hill because you will need it.

I'll have to grab Sharon and go quilt shop creeping one of these days SOON. Thanks for the info.

Wine Woman 06-14-2011 08:23 PM

Oh Cindy you have got to go! They have started their outside sales. I got fabric for $3.00 and $4.00 a yard today. Name brand too! They have 40% off coupons all the time too!

sew cornie 06-14-2011 08:32 PM

Wine Woman, thanks for the info on the shops. The Gaston one would be a shorter drive. I hadn't heard of it but will have to check it out. I've known of Holly Hill but haven't ventured out that far yet. Today I finally sewed my first stitch since coming home from the retreat. Came home last week to get a kiddo's birthday party organized and ready - lots of fun picnicking and fishing on Sunday, even with the rain! Now I have an IRR round finish for the mail tomorrow and a teacher gift to whip out before Thursday, the last day of school. Eeeek! Looks like I have a couple of late nights ahead.

candlequilter 06-14-2011 09:01 PM

Sheryll you will just have to come to our area and spend some time with us! Can't wait to come up your way and sew and shop your quilt/material stores. Have you been to Fabric Depot? Oh my I'm in so much trouble-I went today and did damage again!

I order bolts of fabric from them because they only charge $10 for shipping and they give you 40% off on bolts. Alot cheaper than gas to drive down there.

Oh, I just looked up a cool way to make my own Hunters Star templates online. It is really easy to do and I am going to make mine so that the whole block is 24". That way I will only have to do 3 across and 3 down with a border.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

2 Doods 06-15-2011 05:42 AM

Lunch? Shopping? Did someone say lunch and shopping? I am on a 4 day week for the summer so if anyone wants to go "play" on a Friday, let me know. I would love to go too!

Winewoman-did you get to the shop in Wilsonville? Is it still there? There is also one in down town Lake Oswego. I haven't been there in years. Guess I need to get off this hill and down to civilization more often. LOL

KarenBarnes 06-15-2011 05:54 AM

I love the friendships that have been made through our retreat! It's fun to watch the banter!

Wine Woman 06-15-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Lunch? Shopping? Did someone say lunch and shopping? I am on a 4 day week for the summer so if anyone wants to go "play" on a Friday, let me know. I would love to go too!

Winewoman-did you get to the shop in Wilsonville? Is it still there? There is also one in down town Lake Oswego. I haven't been there in years. Guess I need to get off this hill and down to civilization more often. LOL

Pine Needle in LO is another nice store! I missed their sale last week. I don't go in that direction very often. Speckled Hen was in Wilsonville but has moved. I haven't visited her new store yet. I seldom don't buy in quilt stores so I just stop to admire everything. There has to be a reason why I'm in the area! I was at the new Wilsonville Fred's the other day so I ventured into Canby-but after talking to the owner of the Canby Store she told me kinda where it was at so that has to be another day adventure!!

There is suppose to be a quilt show in Sandy this weekend does anyone know anything about it?