Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together? >

Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together?

Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together?

Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 AM

What about the meeting rooms at Penny Park in Chehalis? Then the libraries also have meeting rooms. I would enjoy meeting every one I am rather a lurker and pop in every great once in a while. Chehalis or Centralia sound great since they are right on I-5 and easy to get to coming from North or South. I have used the meeting room at the PUD in the past for classes it is rather small but nice and good restrooms you just need to reserve in advance and then get the keys from the staff.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the ideas. Another couple good options.
I'm leaning toward a Saturday mid or late September while there's a chance the weather will still be good.
Rodney
Old 09-01-2014, 07:48 PM

Any place south of Seattle will be a 5-6 hour drive for me (I'm in Richland, on the dry side). I wouldn't feel comfortable driving that far, so I probably won't be able to come. We'll have to have an eastside get together as well!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:47 AM

Please let me know what you decide as I would enjoy attending used to belong to treadleon but it has been a long time since I have been to their site. Combining groups is a great idea. Your dates for September are great even the first of October and on a weekend it would make it convenient for all. Any later the weather could get worse. For those on the east side maybe carpooling could be an option.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM

MFord I understand completely about drive time. I'm good for about 2 hrs one way max. Any more than that and I'm too wiped out to enjoy myself when I get where I'm going.
I just finished running errands today. I should be able to check with the parks here in town and come up with some sort of plan tomorrow I hope. I don't know how reservations for the spaces work or anything so I need to find out.
Rodney
Old 09-03-2014, 04:25 PM

Ach, I'm a little too far away but it'd be a lot of fun to meet a bunch of QB'ers!

Plan something to happen about a year from now, near a large quilt show, and I'm totally there! LOL
Old 09-06-2014, 04:13 PM

I booked a meeting room!

Here's what I have, It's a bit of a short notice. I booked the meeting room at Timberland Regional Library in Centralia for Saturday Sept. 20th from 11AM to 3 PM.
Sorry for the short notice but the library was booked through October otherwise. I chose the library over the park for a few reasons. It has decent bathrooms, is indoors and is free. The room holds up to 40 people sitting, 70 standing so it should be large enough. I did forget to see if there were tables inside to use. I'll go back well before the meeting and ask. Library rules are no buying/selling stuff so a swap meet is out. I think bringing machines and working on projects would be ok. If people are trading/exchanging/delivering things we should probably keep it outside.
This is my first time setting up any sort of meeting like this. Advice and criticisms are encouraged. I want this to be fun for all attending and I'm hoping we can grow it into a regular thing.
Rodney
Old 09-07-2014, 09:13 AM

I forgot the address.

Timberland Regional Library
110 S. Silver Street
Centralia, WA 98531
Saturday Sept. 20th
11AM to 3PM
Old 09-08-2014, 01:54 PM

I shall book it in my calendar, and plan to attend!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 PM

I've put it on my calendar Rodney, good job!
will it be ok to bring food? I don't want any big clean up job for anyone, but maybe cookies and veggies and everyone bring their own napkins and drinks? That would be pretty simple. ?

show and tell projects? I never get to show anyone my quilts