Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilt Sale and Auction this weekend in Enid, OK >

Quilt Sale and Auction this weekend in Enid, OK

Quilt Sale and Auction this weekend in Enid, OK

Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MonnaL View Post
Okay..I'm dying to know... what did the Dressmaker sell for? And did you get the quilts? Which one won People's Choice? And how much did it sell for? LOL Can you tell I didn't make it back out there? I loved that bargello in the round, but was disappointed in the center of it. They had appliqued a circle in it, and it was barely stitched down. Otherwise, that was my favorite! DD loved the batik with the fabulous hand quilting... such tiny, even stitches! Some pretty fabulous quilts there, for sure.
sadly, I missed out on the Dressmaker...she went for $65.00..TOO much really...but then things went really high today..which for mission money is great, but for my wallet, not so great!
After that machine went, I got up to walk around and fell getting off the bleachers..hit my stomach on the end of the bleacher, and must have hit my port because it knocked the wind right out of me with pain...I ended up leaving and did not see any of the quilts sell...sigh...

I loved the batik one as well..what stitching...I also liked that black and gold one on the far side...
that spiral bargello was a sad mess when you got up close to it...but then most of the ladies who quilt those are 70-80+....and some of that stitching really showed that this year! I was also disappointed at how many tied. picnic style quilts there was this year...but they are usually done by the KIDS so in a way I suppose that is a good thing..shows the younger ones are trying!

We need to meet up again soon!