Quilt shops in Phoenix

Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Linda - K.
I like Zoe's trunk and it's in Chandler. There is the 35th Sew and Vac that's great (I think they have 3 stores?). I would look up places on the internet (yellowpages.com, dexknows.com). I go to Phx area in the winter to visit a quilting friend and we enjoy checking out shops we hear about from others in her housing development.
The 35th Avenue quilt store is on 35th Avenue and Northern. They have thousands of bolts of fabric and tons of patterns, thread, etc. It is a fun place to shop for sure!! I am sure it has to be the largest in the PHX area.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
We're going to Phoenix soon. Can anyone recommend good qult shops in the area?
What part of the Valley will you be in?? There are so many good shops here that trying to list all of them would be difficult. <G>
The Quilted Apple was the first quilt shop in Phoenix, but it just isn't the same since Laurene (the original owner) died and it was sold.
Sigh.
However, there are several that I like a lot, depends on where you are. (Remember the "Phoenix area" includes lots of the neighboring towns that just sort of run into each other, and covers many square miles. <G> It is probably close to 45-50 miles from the western most shop to the eastern most shop, and at least 20 miles north to south. <G>

Let me know if you need a guide to shop hop with, always glad to meet up and show others the fabric side of the Valley. <G>

Pati, in Phx
email: [email protected]
Old 07-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
Mulqueens sew and vac in Mesa is really nice! Where in Phoenix are you going?
There is also a Mulqueen's in east Glendale.... 59th Ave just south of Northern.

Pati, in Phx
Old 07-18-2010, 02:35 PM

Not sure. The Phoenician, I think.[/quote]

If I remember where the Phoenician is you are probably going to be closer to Quiltz, The Apple, and Sew from the Heart. Partly depends on whether or not you have transportation, too.
35th Ave, on Northern is about a mile from me, and does have a lot of fabric.
I also like Sun Valley Quilts out in Sun City, and have visited many of the shops in town. We also have one down south in Awatukee that is owned by 3 guys, "3 Dudes Quilt Shop".

Also depends on what kind of fabrics you are looking for. Many of the shops sort of "specialize" in specific types of fabrics. Some have a bit(or a lot) of many.

Pati, in Phx
Old 07-18-2010, 03:26 PM

it's not just a specialty quilt shop but i really like the fabrics at hobby lobby. they have traditional type quilting fabrics and some of the more trendy fabrics that the younger crowd likes and the prices on most of the fabrics are in the 4.99 to 7.99 range with an extra 30% off on most.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:14 PM

My 2 favorites are Quiltz (32nd street just north of Thunderbird, just east of 51 freeway) and Sun Valley quilts (WAAAAY on the west side....Bell Road and 98th Ave). Its so nice to have so many choices!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 PM

My 2 favorites are also Quiltz (32nd st. north of Thunderbird) with thousands of bolts of fabrics and samples, plus Zoe's Trunk at Elliot & Guadalupe in Chandler, (access of the 202 & Elliot), with lots of ideas and current fabrics...http://www.zoestrunk.com/about_us.html
Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 AM

There's a ton of quilt shops in that area. There's a store: Quiltz in Phoenix, Three Dudes Quilting, I think that's in Phoenix too, used to be Quilter's Koop but has changed hands. It's just off I-10 @ maybe Baseline? There is a 35th Ave. store @ Ray and Rural in Chandler (pretty good but not as good as the Northern store), Zoe's Trunk, Quilter's Ranch both in the Chandler area and also Cutting Edge in Chandler (Ray and Dobson). Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 AM

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to hit Phoenix!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:27 AM

What is the pattern you have for that quilt in your id site? It's beautiful!! Difficult?? About Zoe's Trunk....don't even think about taking a camera in there. They absolutely are rude about picture taking. Sorry to be a bummer, but I took a friend from out of state in there, she wanted a pic, so I took it and almost got booted out!! Wooooo!!