Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there? >

Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there?

Quilt Show Sisters, Oregon -July 9th will you be there?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by donnalynett
Jeez..I live in Oregon and have never got to go. I was told you have to have motel reservations a year in advance so I didn't even bother trying.
You need to plan way in advance if you want to stay but some people just go over for the day. Meet them and have a great time!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:02 PM

Wish I was going.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by victorita
I will look for you in the park at 12:30. Are you going to carry your sign agin this year? I'm planning on driving up early in the morning from Salem with a car full including my sister who is visiting from TX. She had heard about the show and is a quilter so planned her trip so that she could see it.
My sign-how funny! I think since we know more of the quilters now I'll for go my sign! Let's meet back in the same area close to the out door fireplace. Can't wait to see you!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by peppermint31
I just checked to see what year they are on. # 36. I was there for the 25th so it has been 11 years since I went BOO HOO! WILL GET THERE again one of these year soon I hope!!! It is such an awesome show. Maybe next year???? Do they still have the artist who paints a picture of the shows raffle quilt?
They have a different artist. I don't like this one so much. You can see her poster on the Stitchin' Post website.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:31 PM

so how do you know which group is 'our' group. There are lots of 'groups' of ladies in the park. I might try to go just to meet up with you ladies. I don't know for sure.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 PM

Peppermint, did you participate in that big human quilt thing on the 25th? I drove over really early to participate and then had to be back in Madras to go to work. I was glad that I did it but it sure was hard to hold those pieces of fabric up for so long. I over heard Dennis MacGregor (the poster artist) saying how difficult that whole process was and how glad he was that it was over, and he would never ever try anything like that again. I liked his art work much better than the one they have commissioned since then.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 AM

when I went I didn't have reservations. Stopped in
Bend and they had a cancellation the first place we stopped !!!!!!! God is good!
Dotha, no I wasn't able to participate in that
I also loved Dennis work. bought all 4 of his pictures. He did one about every 3 months so I have one of each of his seasons

spring
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221129[/ATTACH]

Summer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221130[/ATTACH]

Winter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221132[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221123.jpe   attachment-221124.jpe   attachment-221125.jpe   attachment-221126.jpe  
Old 07-05-2011, 12:57 AM

HI Would love to but it is my family reunion that day in Cobury , Or CRY can I cry I love going to the Quilt show, have been there many times.....
ConnieF
Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 AM

I really LOVE the winter scene of MacGregor's above. That is especially beautiful. I am really sad that he is not the official artist anymore. I don't care for the new one's style. But then the whole style of Jean Wells' has changed over the years...I don't care much for her current patterns.

My very frist quilt class lesson was from Jean back many moons ago when she first opened her little tiny shop in Sisters. she was going to the surrounding towns giving FREE little quilt classes to get us acquainted with her shop. Still have my little pot holder from that class...in 70's red, green and yellow.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:43 PM

I am getting packed so I can go. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the park. Sounds like we are going to have perfect weather!