Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Retreat places in North Central IL >

Retreat places in North Central IL

Retreat places in North Central IL

Old 10-10-2010, 08:49 AM

I am incharge of planning a retreat. I live in North Central IL and the place we used to go has been closed. Do you know of any places that are suitable to hold a retreat? That has good lighting, enough tables and lots of outlets? These things seem to limit some of the places I've checked out.

I guess anyone could post a retreat place anywhere you have gone. Be specific - name, town and approx. cost. This would be helpful for many of us to have all this info in one place.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 AM

I recently went to a "Quilt Camp" in Orr Minnesota. We stayed at a hotel for 3 nights (many people were set up to sew in the lobby and conference rooms) but I was set up in the Legion Hall. Very good lighting and plenty of room...the cost was $210
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Google Goddess

do you have any bed and breakfast in your area, also check with church camp sites and hotels

a friend of mine stays at a hotel, they sew in their rooms and have a blast, also you could see about getting a conference room to keep your machine in so you would have one big room

Happy Quilting!

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
I am incharge of planning a retreat. I live in North Central IL and the place we used to go has been closed. Do you know of any places that are suitable to hold a retreat? That has good lighting, enough tables and lots of outlets? These things seem to limit some of the places I've checked out.

I guess anyone could post a retreat place anywhere you have gone. Be specific - name, town and approx. cost. This would be helpful for many of us to have all this info in one place.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:52 AM

Threads Of Time in Danville, Il. is the place to go, 35 dollars per night, kitchen facilities, I believe they have 42 beds. This is also a quilt shop/retreat center. Wonderful couple Missy and Bill the owners are great. Check the website www.threadsoftimefab.com
Old 10-12-2010, 06:08 AM

Do you know Whistling Meadows in Greenville Illinois? The owner is Beverly Burris and she's got several bedrooms and is a great cook! and hostess. Look at her site on the internet.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by laureneberhard

I, along with of my bees have attended a Quilting Retreat sponsored by quiltfabric.com, a quilt shop in Willowbrook, IL (a southwest suburb of Chicago). It is held in a Holiday Inn hotel for all day Friday, Saturday and until 3 PM on Sunday. All six meals are included along with a WONDERFUL Brunch that is well known and appreciated in the area. Each quilter has a separate LARGE table to herself with a very large table in the center for laying out blocks or cutting large fabrics. A half dozen irons are placed for easy access. The hotel rooms are rented two to a room which each quilter having her own bed. The total cost for three days of quilting, sleep arrangements, six meals and great fun is less than $300 per person.

My guild, Salt Creek Quilters Guild, also host a Retreat each January at the Hyatt hotel in Oak Brook, IL. This Retreat is all day Friday and until 5 PM on Saturday with Friday's dinner included. Box lunches are available with a discount if you eat at one of the hotel restaurants. Various members present demonstrations and each participant receives a door prize. The cost this Retreat is $106 per person, with double occupancy.

Each place has great lighting, large tables and more than sufficient outlets for irons & machines. Hope some of the above is helpful. Belles