Row by Row

Old 07-12-2015, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
it is another way for quilt shops to get you into their stores. I don't drive so I haven't been in to see this. There is fabric that is made for this event.
The Row by Row is not the same as Shop Hops. The Row By Row shops give out patterns and will sell you the kit to make their row. I have so much fabric, I've only purchased one kit, but I love the patterns. In WA state the theme is water. Crabs, mermaids, waves, sailboats, fish, etc. Cute!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:11 PM

Sewbeadit, I see you have a grasshopper sewing machine! I do to. The case is butt ugly so I'm painting it purple. Do you use yours? I have to refer to the manual to oil it every time I use it, can never seem to remember the places the oil goes.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:02 PM

Use the plates as a border or in the back. My friend and I are collecting them. I just did an order for $100 over the phone and asked for a pattern....nope ....have to come in person.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:38 PM

I'm not doing it, but have been asked by friends I have on Facebook to pick up either the kit or free pattern and the license plates for shops in my area. They've paid me, I called the shops got the cost of everything and billed the ladies thru PayPal making sure to add the sales tax and on the shipping I told them I added a little extra to cover the fee that PayPal charges me. So far I am sending stuff to Calif, Colo and Ga. The one shop has 2 license plates for 2015 and they still have some from 2014. I don't need another UFO, but I did check out Row by Row 2015 on Facebook and saw a lot of really neat quilts.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:07 PM

Calla, the Grand Hotel is my favorite. Since I live in SE Michigan, it might be a 600 mile trip. Have thought about calling the shop and asking if they have last year's kit (The bridge from upper to lower Michigan). Where are you located?
Old 07-13-2015, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
Calla, the Grand Hotel is my favorite. Since I live in SE Michigan, it might be a 600 mile trip. Have thought about calling the shop and asking if they have last year's kit (The bridge from upper to lower Michigan). Where are you located?
The shops can sell the kits via mail after Row by Row is over but not before. As I'm originally from Michigan I wanted the one from Marquette with the Mackinaw Bridge on it last year. I decided I was going to put it on my Christmas list but when I went to get the link for the list near Christmas they no longer had the kit. I was so disappointed. A friend who was coming to visit me in Florida in February knew of my disappointment and she called the shop and asked them if they would make up a kit specially for her and they said they would. She had it mailed to her and brought it down to me when she visited. I was so touched at the effort she went to to get it for me. I made it up as a wall hanging and not only love it but think fondly of Mary Lou every time I see it. I'm also impressed with the service of the quilt shop.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie View Post
I'm doing it in New Mexico, I have rows from Texas as well. I'm trying to complete by the end of the month. New Mexico's has a lot of applique so it's time consuming. I'm having a blast with it though, finding quilt shops in my state that I never knew about. The family has been great about stopping, although they think I take too long in the shops. I'm excited about the whole experience, I'm still considering layouts I saw two this morning and can't decide which one I like the best.

I was on Facebook looking for the New Mexico R x R page......there is not one. Pls. Mention this to the shops. I wanted to see the rows. This Midwest gal Loves the Southwest!

Sandy
Old 07-13-2015, 05:49 AM

Mjkgquilt I am over by Flint. And you? I haven't assembled last years M. bridge, so I will be mixing 2014 & 2015 kits. I went to Saginaw and purchased the water lily from that Husquvarna dealer, not Fabric Fair. Actually I don't know if they are participating FF that is. Went to Yoders last week & purchased the kit from last year. Log cabins with a silhouette of a buggy & horse. This years is nice but requires that fraying technique I can't think what it's called......I also purchased the Quilters Garden kit, a wood duck ....I haven't sewed just keep buying.........drop me a line.....calla

citrus, I wish your avatar was bigger looks so cute. Glad you got the M. bridge, that was so nice of the shop to do that for you..........calla

Last edited by calla; 07-13-2015 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Additional entry
Old 07-13-2015, 06:07 AM

I've been having fun visiting shops and collecting license plates and patterns, and a few kits. A friend of mine is driving across country so we are planning her trip around quilt shop visits! I plan to make a travel tote out of the license plates since DH and I travel quite a bit.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:26 AM

My Mom just spent 10 days here with my family and she brought 4 row by rows from Saskatchewan for me. We took a morning and made it to 3 quilt shops in the short amount of time we had until we had to pick up my daughter. It will be interesting to see how different our quilts are with us both having all the same row by rows.

I was quite impressed with one kit from Broderick Garden Centre (yes, the garden centre is also the quilt shop--it's a really small town). Not only did she print the pattern in colour on card stock, but she also provided prefused and perfectly cut out appliques for the part that involves applique.