traveling to Buffalo

Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 AM

Hi, If you are referring to the Ted's on Transit Road across from a big Jo Ann Fabrics(there are Ted's all over the place around here and more than 1 on Transit even!) then Patchwork Garden is about 2-3 miles(not good at estimating distances!) north on Transit. Lots of traffic in that stretch due to the overdone commercial properties. Lots of restaurants though if you are making a pit stop off the Thruway. You would get off the Thruway at exit 49 (Depew). When you pass through the toll barrier the street you come to is Transit. Turn Left (north) and just keep going on Transit for a couple of miles. You'll pass Ted's on your left (JoAnn's on your right), cross Main Street and then just keep going.You will eventually pass a large middle school on the left and you're almost there. When you get to the blinking light in front of the fire station, start watching on the right hand side for a magenta/pink sign for Patchwork Garden. The driveway is just after the sign on the right.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 AM

Thanks...I figure it must be near Sheridan Drive. I formerly lived in Twn.of Tonawanda, but had family in Amherst. Thanks for the info. Will stop next time (right after Anderson's fix.)
Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

If you're in town during the week, you can come visit us! (We're not open on weekends.)

Be sure to ask us to show you where we keep the chocolate. :D
Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 PM

Jeez, I'm gonna have to check out some of these shops when I'm in the area.

I am in Niagara Falls,NY almost every weekend, and will have to check out Annie's Attic, and the one down the street when I am down for the long weekend.

Then I'm gonna have to save up and do a weekend trip and do some shopping this winter.

Have fun in the falls, if you have your passport make sure to walk across the bridge and see us on the other side!!!

Theresa
Old 08-26-2010, 05:23 PM

DH, mom and stepdad and I are going to Niagara Falls next week; he's never been, and I was there -- oh goodness! -- it's been almost 50 years ago!!! I was about 7 or 8. Staying in Ontario for three nights in a cottage. Would love to check out a quilt shop or two!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 PM

I crossed the border this morning at the Rainbow Bridge and it was beautiful. We even had spray as we went up to the custom's booth.

Again, have fun, and check out the quilt shops if you can, and let me know what you think!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM

The intersection of Transit and Sheridan is way too far out on Transit. If you know where Pautler's ice cream stand is on Transit, or the former Jurek Christmas Tree Farm was-that's the stretch of Transit you want. Pautler's is practically next door to the shop. If you got to Swormville (St. Mary's parish etc), that's too far north! The shop is only a mile or two north of Main and Transit.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 PM

hi. just registered here, the patchwork garden store is open now. today is its first day open. i know the women who opened the store and she has some very nice fabric, books and patterns. i am an avid quilter, and i really liked her selection and she said of course they will be getting new things as time goes on.
the store is so cute and the people there are very helpful. the directions that were previously given are correct. hope you all stop by and have a great time..
Old 08-30-2010, 01:42 PM

by the way i live in buffalo.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:03 AM

We're back from Niagara Falls..It was beautiful. Saw a few quilts as we drove by.....my heart fluttered......didn't want to hold up the people we were with....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108671.jpe