Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Upper Midwest Woodcarvers & Quilt Expo Aug 15-17 >

Upper Midwest Woodcarvers & Quilt Expo Aug 15-17

Upper Midwest Woodcarvers & Quilt Expo Aug 15-17

Old 06-17-2014, 11:19 AM

Default Upper Midwest Woodcarvers & Quilt Expo Aug 15-17

I'm attaching a pdf poster for the Expo here in Blue Earth, MN It's an open quilt show, loads of quilt, loads of fun, some woodcarving, special exhibits, vendors and a guest quilter. I'd love to see some QB folks at the Expo! Please share the poster & info with your guilds, friends & shops! Bonus! The Expo is on the last weekend of the Great MN Shop Hop and a local shop, Michele's Sewing & Service, is participating for the 1st time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
31st ANNUAL UPPER MIDWEST.pdf (384.9 KB, 401 views)
Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM

Hey, I just noticed the date has 2012 instead of 2014 for the year.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:51 AM

Holy Moly!! I'll have to check the posters again. It's 2014!!! My how time flies! Thanks for spotting that. My editor must be on strike!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:53 AM

Just want to update some information for you. The Expo opens in just one week, on Friday, Aug 15, 2014 at the Blue Earth High School which is just south of the intersection of MN Highway 169 and I-90. This is also the last weekend of the Great Minnesota Shop Hop and there is a participating shop in Blue Earth! The Expo hours are Friday, 4-8 PM; Saturday, Aug. 16th, 10 AM - 5 PM & Sunday, Aug. 17th, noon - 4 PM. Friday offers free snacks and the 2nd Annual Jelly Roll-er Derby Xtreme starting at 5:30 PM with setup any time after 4 PM. This year you'll need 1 sewing machine, 1 scissors, 1 jelly roll, pre-wound bobbins and at least 15 up to 40 2.5" squares in a contrast fabric to your jelly roll. You get a lot of fun and a quilt top in 2 hrs and prizes!! Saturday offers a Wool Work class for only $20 (inc. kit) at 9 AM -11 AM. Gudrun Erla of GE Designs has a 2 PM trunk show that will be fantastic as she is coming out with a new line of fabric & designs. There are vendors, demos, tours, special exhibits in both quilts and woodcarving and a featured quilter all weekend, Lola Hendrickson a founding partner of Blue Earth's 1st Quilt Shop, the Quilt Company. She is one of the people who brought quilts into the UMWQ Expo which started as a woodcarving only show. People come from all over to see this great show, Canada, IA, WI, SD, ND, IL, MO & more! This is an open show and the mission is "Every quilt has a story". You will see old & new, beginner & expert, big & small quilts & quilters!!! There is still time to share your quilt, too. No need to belong to a guild, you don't even have to make your quilt. Please share your Great Aunt Sweetie's quilt that you think came from out east but maybe not or that great quilt you made in Home Ec in high school or the one inspired by an expert class you took. Everybody who comes to the Expo has a good time!