Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Who is headed to Paducah?

I am so glad I seen this post. This is my first time going also. The above tips will really help us out as well. I know that we will def drive & park at the convention center. Really looking forward to it!

I find plenty of parking at the farmers market. It is across from the quilt museum. If you don’t mind a walk it is halfway between the convention center and downtown. If walking is out you can catch the shuttle busses stopping for the museum. Have fun everyone

Everything has gone 'wet' in the last few years. Alcohol is legal in most of the surrounding counties now.

The Best of Show quilts do draw huge crowds. It is the first thing folks go to when they get there of the morning. After dinner the crowd is smaller and you can get up close and get good pictures. Several of the churches in the area have nice shows that are wonderful too.

For 10 years I've gone Wed& Thur but due to family illness was unable this year. But it worked out to go Sat! Much smaller crowd I thought but could be due to day and weather. Saw all I wanted to but forgot it closed at 4 instead of 6 and didn't have time for Rotary Exhibit But went downtown instead. I was expecting several pop up quilt shops but all I saw were antique shops. Did I miss them, were they already gone or did they not set up this year? All in all I got most things on my list (plus a few extras!) So glad I was able to make it.

I was there Tues, Wed, and Thurs. Downtown across the street from the Finkel Building, there were a couple of shops selling fabric. And one near the ice cream shop downtown. Murphy's (I think?) had two pop up shops - one near the Quilt Museum and one near the Bubble. I didn't find any shortage of places willing to take my money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4