Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
WooHoo!  We are going to the beach in NW Oregon >

WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 AM

I don't know about the beach fire but what I do know is that I can sew without having to stop and make sure everyone else is taken care of or clean a house or run an errand! I'm liking that!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:10 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm so looking forward to this trip and sewing, and all the wonderful quilters who will be there. I retired in the spring, so now I have time for get togethers like this. The beach fire sounds like fun. Will we need to bring our own firewood?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:02 PM

Yes, we would need to bring firewood! If it rains I will be thankful the house is only a block from the beach and there are lots of windows overlooking the ocean with very little in between!

I got your check Trish! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM

Is there a fireplace at the house? If so I can bring a couple of fire logs. :lol:
Old 10-19-2010, 07:17 PM

Sorry, no fireplace! At least not that I remember but then I was there in August!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 PM

I've done both on firewood. I've purchased a few bundles-but they really don't last long. They are good for starting it. I've gathered wood from the beach and that was fun until you get there and you find out that its far and few between! So after looking at the weather if it's going to behave for us that weekend and we are all in agreement to having a fire I don't mind throwing in the trunk some logs. That way I know we have some dry wood! We just need to bring chairs if you don't want to sit in the sand!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:50 AM

So I have been a little absent minded lately, what with sis going under the knife for eyes and looking for a new home and my leg issues. I seemed to have gotten my wires crossed.....:roll:
I called Karen this morning to ask her what time she was coming to pick me up for the trip to the coast so that I could be ready and waiting so she wouldn't have to wait for me....
Can you see where I am going with this yet?
She replied that she wasn't coming today, it was next week.. :shock:
Um, ok it seems I was so eager to get outta dodge that I got a little ahead of the game plan. LOLOL!!!!!
I'm really not an airhead I swear!
I had so much fun the last time I met with you all that I want it to happen NOW! LOL!
So my bag is packed and I'm ready to go. TSA would have a field day with that suitcase though. What would they say about the rotory blades, iron etc. in it. LOLOL!!
OK, so now I have given you a laugh for the weekend. :lol:
See you all next weekend!!!
Faith :D
:XD:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 AM

You did make me smile!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:28 AM

Faith, you make me laugh! :lol: :lol: I'm glad it's not this weekend. The week has been so busy that I'd be sleeping the whole time instead of sewing. :roll:
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I've done both on firewood. I've purchased a few bundles-but they really don't last long. They are good for starting it. I've gathered wood from the beach and that was fun until you get there and you find out that its far and few between! So after looking at the weather if it's going to behave for us that weekend and we are all in agreement to having a fire I don't mind throwing in the trunk some logs. That way I know we have some dry wood! We just need to bring chairs if you don't want to sit in the sand!
If you girls go to the beach by Moe's (Siltez Bay) there is TONS of drift wood there. I usually bring stuff to start a campfire like newspaper and matches. Sometimes you can find a fire that has been abandoned, a little burnt down and you can bring it back to life. I wish I could go but can't this time hopefully next time.