Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • WooHoo!  We are going to the beach in NW Oregon >
  • WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

• WooHoo! We are going to the beach in NW Oregon

Old 10-23-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm in Lincoln City this weekend with my hubby and I drove by our accommodations for next week! There isn't a wood fireplace so no need to bring wood for that. There is room enough for 6 cars parked extremely close to each other (bring the smallest one you've got!). There is no street parking close by. There is room for a total of 10 people to stay although that would mean a few people would have to be okay with sharing the beds! First come, first serve on parking and beds. I'll take the top bunk! :)

I recommend that you bring an extension cord to use as well. There is a long dining table and I'm bringing a 3' table to work/cut on. I'm making dinner for Saturday night (chicken fajitas) so I will need a count as to how much food to bring. Let me know if that won't work for dietary issues as well! Any questions, please let me know, I'll try to answer them!
    Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 PM

With 1/2 dozen or more sewing machines and irons plugged in, any chance of us blowing a fuse??? :shock:
    Old 10-24-2010, 06:23 AM

Thanks Karen for checking it out for us. I'm leaving about 1:00 from NE Portland on Friday. I'm also bringing a small table to use amongst the other very needed supplies.

Thanks Karen for taking care of dinner on Sat. for all of us. I will grind up coffee for the mornings and bring tea as well. Oh yes and wine - I will bring a selection of reds so if anyone prefers whites please bring your favorite.

Cobalt you are too funny! You made me chuckle! Hope all of this doesn't make for a long week for you!

Five days to go . . .
    Old 10-25-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    With 1/2 dozen or more sewing machines and irons plugged in, any chance of us blowing a fuse??? :shock:
    Maybe we don't all need to bring irons? Who all is planning on bringing one? Maybe a couple of us could bring one and the others share? I'm happy to bring mine to share if that is what works for all!

By my last count we are 7! I have me, Wine Woman, 2 Doods, TrishB, CobaltJars, Sew Cornie, and Lilrain. Is there anyone that I'm missing?

Oh, and BTW I might just throw in stuff to make Belgian waffles! :)
    Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Maybe we don't all need to bring irons? Who all is planning on bringing one? Maybe a couple of us could bring one and the others share? I'm happy to bring mine to share if that is what works for all!

By my last count we are 7! I have me, Wine Woman, 2 Doods, TrishB, CobaltJars, Sew Cornie, and Lilrain. Is there anyone that I'm missing?

I have an iron packed ( I mean since I did PRE-PACK ) :roll:
    I also have a outlet strip that I'm bringing. Also a small ironing board. I don't have a table that breaks down, so will that be a problem?

Did anyone enjoy the Tsunami/Storm we had lastnight? Just thought I'd ask. Glad it's over now and not next weekend. :lol:
    Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Originally Posted by KarenBarnes

I have an iron packed ( I mean since I did PRE-PACK ) :roll:
    I also have a outlet strip that I'm bringing. Also a small ironing board. I don't have a table that breaks down, so will that be a problem?

Did anyone enjoy the Tsunami/Storm we had lastnight? Just thought I'd ask. Glad it's over now and not next weekend. :lol:
    I did enjoy the storm yesterday. I stayed in all day switching out closets and setting up my new sewing room. I am moving into my very own space-no more spare/guest bedroom. I have offically finished my closest with almost all my sewing needs set up!! This is so much work but so much fun.

But for our weekend sometimes the rental place has an iron and board. 99% of the homes I've rented came equiped. I do have a small travel iron I travel with so I'll be bringing mine also. 4 days to go . . .
    Old 10-25-2010, 01:17 PM

Don't worry about bringing an extra table. The dining table is extra long and both WineWoman and I are bringing a small work table so I think we'll be fine. If you don't mind sharing your prepacked iron, I think I'll just leave mine home! :) I don't recall if there is an iron/board there or not. There is a full laundry area but didn't have to do any ironing on vacation! :)
    Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 PM

I've been planning to bring my iron and ironing board along. If we use them, great, if not, no problem.

I'm bringing my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt blocks to work on. I'd like to do a lot of prep work before coming so I can focus more on sewing than cutting, but that's kind of last priority this week. What are you all bringing?

Four days . . . . :mrgreen:
    Old 10-25-2010, 01:32 PM

OK so I'll keep my iron in the suitcase and I do have my little ironing board. I'm bringing my FW so I won't need much room and I alsp picked up a med sized cutting mat with a pressing pad.
    How is everyone for Artichoke dip. I thought I'd make one for friday night for us to munch on with crackers. If that's ok?
    Please let me know if there is something else I can bring. :lol:
    :XD:
    Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm bring the last of Boom 3.0 and also a quilt to do for a friend for Christmas since Boom 3.0 won't be done in time! Some cutting, some sewing... Making a list so I don't forget anything!

Artichoke dip sounds wonderful! Everyone like pumpkin? :)