Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"Legacy Stars" quilt >

"Legacy Stars" quilt

"Legacy Stars" quilt

Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 PM

Another awsome fabulous one from our Eddie. You make us proud to be on the same thread. The colors in this are really nice. Happy for you that you are keeping this one for yourself.

I stand in awe and am humbled by your talents. I can only hope to achieve some of what you do in a month.

Eddie, what I want to know is how in the world do you get all of these quilts done in such short time? You must cut, sew, quilt, 24/7. Surely you work at a JOB and have chores to do. Then there is raising a family, shopping, cooking, cleaning, and of course somewhere in there we are to eat and sleep. And how in the world can you afford to make so many quilts? Ok I am done.
:lol:

Old 10-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Great job Eddie and the quilting is nice too. You are really getting good at this quilting stuff.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Terriffic quilt and quilting Eddie!! Your colors are perfect!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Another awsome fabulous one from our Eddie. You make us proud to be on the same thread. The colors in this are really nice. Happy for you that you are keeping this one for yourself.

I stand in awe and am humbled by your talents. I can only hope to achieve some of what you do in a month.

Eddie, what I want to know is how in the world do you get all of these quilts done in such short time? You must cut, sew, quilt, 24/7. Surely you work at a JOB and have chores to do. Then there is raising a family, shopping, cooking, cleaning, and of course somewhere in there we are to eat and sleep. And how in the world can you afford to make so many quilts? Ok I am done.
:lol:
Hi, WV, and thanks for the kind words! :) As to finding the time, this is pretty much my only hobby, although I do have some interests outside of quilting that I'm actively involved in (local historical societies, etc.) And I have a 40-hour-a-week job that gets in the way of my quilting, too, LOL. :D And all those chores my wife gives me to do and expecting me to do them. Somehow, it all gets done though.

As to affording it all, there's two things working in my favor there - this is really my only "vice" as it were, so I indulge myself. Too, when I first got into quilting back in May, I had been in another hobby (model trains) for over a decade and had accumulated quite a lot of stuff in that. All that went onto eBay and the $$$$ from that was used to buy a LOT of jelly rolls, fat quarters, layer cakes, etc. So I got a pretty big stockpile of fabric just waiting to be made into something.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Eddie, Thanks for the info. I was being nosey and curious. Now I understand how you can afford it. My DH has alway's wanted to get into the train thing again after losing much of his to a fire we had in our basement many years ago. Do to the cost he has not.
Guess your organization skills are better than most. You must have it down to a science and me thinks you have some perfectionism traits in you, too. Unbelievable you have only been quilting since May.
Your points and rows are incredible. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. Your wife must be very proud.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:34 PM

My.....your work is 100% perfect!

But I must say.......Chocolate Stars!

I LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 PM

WOW! You do some wonderful work, Eddie. I bet your wife is thrilled to death with your hobby. Your quilting looks great too. I don't think I'd tackle a quilt like that. Beautiful.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 AM

This again is a beautiful quilt. I love the quilters. You really put out the quilts. You must not sleep, eat, or cook. You are always sewing. I do look forward to seeing your work.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 AM

Awesome job. Love the quilting you've done. I'm trying to get up enough nerve to try something other than straight line quilting.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Very nice!!! I love it! You always do such an awesome job and I always look forward to your next ones!