Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
“Chateau-neuf-de-patch” kaleidoscope quilt >

“Chateau-neuf-de-patch” kaleidoscope quilt

“Chateau-neuf-de-patch” kaleidoscope quilt

Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Love the way you have used your fabrics. A beautiful result.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM

Very nice and I like the quilting very much!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 PM

Perfect name for a lovely quilt. Really like the pattern (is that your design?) and the machine quilting looks really good to me.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:32 AM

Beautiful!! Love the colors!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by spartan quilter
That is one gorgeous quilt, and my question is, where did you find the purple grape fabric? I have been wanting to get some, but haven't had luck finding it yet. Love the use of the leftover blocks.
I got it from an online store in the UK but someone posted a US site that had it on the thread for my avatar quilt - hang on I'll try and find it... here it is scroll down it's second from the right, bottom row. :D
http://www.fabricparadise.com/cgi-bi...1&startwith=48
Old 03-08-2011, 01:33 AM

That's great. How inventive to use up the scraps in such a way. It's lovely fabric, too good to waste. Wish I could design and do more original designs. I am hopeless at maths, so that is a bit of a draw back. Well done.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janquiltz
Perfect name for a lovely quilt. Really like the pattern (is that your design?) and the machine quilting looks really good to me.
It's a disappearing nine patch. The 3 strip blocks I had made for the border of my avatar quilt as I only had three pattern repeats left after making the hexagons and wanted to come up with a way to use them in the border. So I stacked the three repeats and cut strip sets at 5" wide. Then I subcut these strips into 2" wide 'logs'. This yielded 3 identical patches which when pieced together produced a 5" unfinished square. Then I cut the other patches from the dark purple and the gold fabric also at 5" and pieced the nine patches putting the three strip blocks as the four corners of the nine patches so they wouldn't get sliced and the dark purple as the centre patch, subcut them vertically and horizontally through the centre to give me four blocks then fiddled with the layout til I was happy with it.

Hope that's clearer than mud! I think there's a tute on here somewhere for the d9p if you're not familiar with it...

The hexagons in the outer borders are orphans from the centre of my avatar quilt and the gold is some left over extra wide backing fabric that I had left from my quilted door curtain I made ages ago. It's less of a design and more of a mish mash really! Still I'm quite pleased with how it came out. :-D

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :-D
Old 03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by stitchingcrazy
That's great. How inventive to use up the scraps in such a way. It's lovely fabric, too good to waste. Wish I could design and do more original designs. I am hopeless at maths, so that is a bit of a draw back. Well done.
Maths isn't my strong suit either really - my DH helps often with calculations as I have to 'see' something before I believe it. For eg, I'll draw a block and write the measurements on it to visualise it rather than believe the numbers on a page. The Optical Illusion pattern I posted recently that I'd modified should have been square but I messed up somewhere so it came out a rectangle! :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 03-08-2011, 03:25 AM

Talented!!! :thumbup:
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 AM

Excellent use of OBW leftovers. You are so creative!