Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
“They Went That Way” made into a king size all FMQ on my DSM! >

“They Went That Way” made into a king size all FMQ on my DSM!

“They Went That Way” made into a king size all FMQ on my DSM!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:59 PM

The idea of a quilt that large on my DSM and all the little circles and changes of directions, makes me want to take to my bed. I think you did a wonderful job. I have one that needs to be quilted and so far I haven't accomplished much. I am trying to get up the nerve to do it myself. Maybe your work will inspire me to try it. It is pretty and I share your pride in your work.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

quilt police checking out the quilt
Old 09-20-2012, 05:23 PM

​Your quilt is very beautiful! You did a fantastic job. Love your colors too so cheerful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Your quilt is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe you fmq all the designs on you sewing machine!!! Great job!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:28 PM

You all are so sweet! Thanks for you nice complements and encouragements! My best friend for the past few months has been my sketch book. Building the muscle memory made all the FMQ sooooooo much easier. I cannot express how much it helped to draw out the designs in my book. The great thing is that the quilting looks much better than my drawings!

I found great joy is deciding what to quilt in each area. Watching Leah Day sew her designs gave me a visual picture of how things work. She describes how to do all her designs. LuAnn Kessi sketches all the time and generously posts them on her blog. Her sketches have sketches ("how to" sketches). LuAnn quilts on a Sweet 16. Her work is beautiful! Patsy Thompson has four beginner videos to help FMQ "want-a-bees" like me get started and move forward with the FMQ. The best thing to do is get started!

Karen from Quilt Expressions has this really great video on "What to Quilt on Your Quilt". Another QB member posted this on the board and I've watched it 3 times. I find her advice very practical and doable. She's really funny. Karen tells everyone to doodle. And doodle. And doodle. It really works! I ignored her advice to have a nice busy backing fabric so you don't see all the mistakes. I really wanted to see the quilting on the back since it's hard to see on the front. Hee hee. Someday I'll want a back to hide all my mistakes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emNxOb-oQfM

Finally, I really like see what YOU all do. I am always amazed by the beautiful projects done by everyone here on the board. The joy of quilting is very gratifying. Besides, it gets me out of a lot of housework. I am a firm believer that the dust and dirt will wait around until I'm ready to deal with them!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

I loved your story, your beautiful quilt and huge undertaking of quilting it on your DSM! You did a great job on FMQ!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

You did an amazing job! Your quilt is beautiful!!! I have quilted a king size on my DSM, but, it was only SITD and nothing nearly as beautiful or intricate as yours.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Anders View Post
​Your quilt is very beautiful! You did a fantastic job. Love your colors too so cheerful. Thanks for sharing.
ditto for me.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 AM

great job and great colors and love the puppy
Old 09-21-2012, 04:38 AM

Beautiful quilt and your FMQ looks great too. You do sound so happy about your quilt, you will love it all the more because of all each and every stitch. Keep up the good work. FMQ has me petrified but I am going to have to step up to the plate and start somewhere. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Pat