Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10 Minute Table Runners

Great job. Thanks for the tip.

Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Scakes View Post
    Very pretty! Thanks for sharing the link.
    Did you put batting in them? Looked like some quilting on one. I made some of these. they are simple and quick.

Blog Entries
    I will be doing some of these. It would be great to make some for every holiday. Thanks for sharing.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Your runners are very pretty. I have a funny story about them. Several years ago I got the pattern free at my LQS and decided to make several as xmas gifts for friends and neighbors. So, I started cutting fabric when my husband came into my sewing room and asked what I was doing, so I told him I was making 10 minute tablerunners. He just noded his head and left. 3 hours later he came back into my sewing room and said your 10 minutes was up a LONG time ago. Needless to say when I showed him how many I had done he understood. So after that he would tease me about my 3 hour 10 minute runner. Thank you for posting these and bringing back a very fond memory. He passed away a year and half ago so when something like this happens I sometimes feel like he is still teasing me from the other side, Thanks again, you made my day!! Hugs
    Gail in Utah

they look easy...

Oh they are so cute!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​Great table runners! Did you see the post on QB about 10 minute table runners made into a tote?
    Now how did I miss the table runner made into a tote. So, I'm thinking I could so a search here and find them, eh? I have one made, but totes are an even more perfect idea for my DDIL. (I think she gives away stuff that I make unless she can use it everyday.)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    OK, I made three. I am on my way to making more, lol. So easy and pretty too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Very nice..... This is on my 'bucket list'.

I found this easy table runner pattern and want to keep on making them-so easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
    Did you put batting in them? Looked like some quilting on one. I made some of these. they are simple and quick.
    Nope, no batting in them, which is really nice for a change, so no quilting involved. I did sew the ends down though, I didn't use a button to hold the "flap" down like they did on the tutorial. I sewed a decorative stitch across the flap to hold it down.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
    OK, I made three. I am on my way to making more, lol. So easy and pretty too.

I love the fabric combinations, my fav is the blue.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

What does QB stand for and exactly where do I find the tote made from table runners?
    Live and love as though today is your last day on earth.

Power Poster
    very nice!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Very pretty. Are these Christmas gifts?

Quote Originally Posted by LogCabinLady View Post
    What does QB stand for and exactly where do I find the tote made from table runners?
    QB = Quilting Board

Great job these are fun to make
    Happy quilting!

Blog Entries
    So nice! So many!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    hey, LALA....those are so cool....ten minutes HUh???? Probably take me ten days. ggl.

I couldn't get the link to open up, but my computer has been 'stuck on stupid' today

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Now how did I miss the table runner made into a tote. So, I'm thinking I could so a search here and find them, eh? I have one made, but totes are an even more perfect idea for my DDIL. (I think she gives away stuff that I make unless she can use it everyday.)
    Here's the link for the tote that has written instructions. http://www.rgadesignquilts.com/store...Gift%20Bag.pdf

Here's the link for the tote on You Tube, they call it a 12 minute gift bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGhUslU0WGI

Quote Originally Posted by LogCabinLady View Post

Here's the link for the tote that has written instructions. http://www.rgadesignquilts.com/store...Gift%20Bag.pdf

Here's the link for the tote on You Tube, they call it a 12 minute gift bag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGhUslU0WGI

Quote Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
    hey, LALA....those are so cool....ten minutes HUh???? Probably take me ten days. ggl.

I couldn't get the link to open up, but my computer has been 'stuck on stupid' today

I don't think they count the time it takes you to cut the fabric. I probably spent an hour going through my fabric and putting combinations together before I even got to the cutting. Then I had to clean up the big mess I made afterwards before I started to sew.

Will definitely make the runner this weekend and even the the tote. Looks pretty wide to put an ipad or any tablet in. I may use batting though for some cusion for the tote. Beautiful runners I'm seeing!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, La La Land for the links. The first one didn't work, but the YouTube did and since I'm visual learner, that's perfect! The runners really are fast to make and the bag idea is terrific!

Terrific runners, great job and thank you for sharing
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2