Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
#2 weekend finish >

#2 weekend finish

#2 weekend finish

Old 04-09-2023, 09:32 PM

Default #2 weekend finish

This in one of the two (of three) quilts I finished quilting this weekend. The top has been done for a couple weeks now but I have to deliver it Tuesday so I had to get it done. Tomorrow after work I’ll get the binding and label put on. It measures approximately 100”, I think. I enlarged the border but can’t remember how big it made the finished quilt. It’s the second one of these I made. The first was for a silent auction to raise money for two kids fighting cancer. It helped raise $250. This one is going to a former co-worker and his wife. I quilted it a little differently than I did the donation one. They belong to a motorcycle club called the Hog Runners and their patch is a wheel with smoke coming off the back of it as if it was doing a burn out so this kaleidoscopic pattern worked well to represent the wheel in their logo and the smoke fabric was perfect to help tie the theme together. The boar skull in the center is a replica of a large metal art piece on the side of their clubhouse. Once I figured out a couple tricks to this block, I have found that I like making quilts using it. I used a variegated black/gray thread to quilt the majority of it. I with the flames in the border showed up a little better in the pictures because the they look really neat in person.

I’ll post pics of the fireman (#1 &3 weekend finishes) quilts when I get the second one finished and then both bond and labeled.

Ta-Ta for now. I’ve got to get to bed!

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-04-2023 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2023, 02:04 AM

What a stunning show stopper, beautifully done! I have no doubt they will love it, I know I do, fabulous workmanship and quilting.
Old 04-10-2023, 03:25 AM

Look at the detail in that quilt top! The execution of the pattern is beautiful -- and I love your medallion! But the quilting makes this a blue ribbon winner! I want to be your coworker! Great job!
Old 04-10-2023, 06:15 AM

Very impressive quilt! Beautifully done.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:00 AM

Wow. Everything about this quilt is just awesome.