Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2010-2011  IRR III Centers >

2010-2011 IRR III Centers

2010-2011 IRR III Centers

Old 12-19-2010, 08:51 PM

ya'll are way ahead of me!!!! I have the ideas but I'm not going to try to start till after 12/30 after my company for the holidays leave.... I'm also still trying to clean up after the flood from Thanksgiving..... ahhhhhh....
Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 AM

Looks Great!!! I think I know what I want to do but I don't know how to the math on the size of the center and then the size of the blocks I need to do for the border. Any suggestions?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Looks Great!!! I think I know what I want to do but I don't know how to the math on the size of the center and then the size of the blocks I need to do for the border. Any suggestions?
Is what you plan to do a block? that you will make several of? If so, take the current length of the sides, & divide by the width of your block (the finished size) Then measure the top & bottom, adding the new width w/the sides, & divide again. This sometimes requires an adjustment & I find that cornerstones work great, because then you can make all four sides the same, placing corner stones to make it all come out evenly.
Hope that is clear :? it's hard to explain some things without showing you :)
Old 12-20-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by montanablu
Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
Is what you plan to do a block? that you will make several of? If so, take the current length of the sides, & divide by the width of your block (the finished size) Then measure the top & bottom, adding the new width w/the sides, & divide again. This sometimes requires an adjustment & I find that cornerstones work great, because then you can make all four sides the same, placing corner stones to make it all come out evenly.
Hope that is clear :? it's hard to explain some things without showing you :)
Yes, that's what I meant...And Thank You...I will try that.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:18 PM

I need help.... I want to use the grandmother's fan block in the 2nd round of one of the IRR blocks...
My PROBLEM is I need a pattern for this... I have googled and come up empty handed.... anyone out there have a mini grandmother's fan pattern they can loan me?
Old 12-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I need help.... I want to use the grandmother's fan block in the 2nd round of one of the IRR blocks...
My PROBLEM is I need a pattern for this... I have googled and come up empty handed.... anyone out there have a mini grandmother's fan pattern they can loan me?
Did you see this one?

http://www.quilterscache.com/G/Grand...sFanBlock.html
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Did you see this one?

Yes I did... I need it to be a finished 5.5 block :*( I'm not good at reducing even with a copier
Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Did you see this one?

Yes I did... I need it to be a finished 5.5 block :*( I'm not good at reducing even with a copier
Leota~

If you print out a pic of the 12" block from QC, lay a 5 1/2" sq of paper on top. You can then draw a smaller version on the paper, using the 12" pattern as a guideline. Make your half circle first, a little smaller; then sketch in your wedges, shortening them until you have a length you're happy with. Allow for the background area, & this should give you the size block you're looking for.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 PM

JudyG from Group 7 checking in. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Here is the second round (5") of Mswordwiz' quilt. It is so bright and colorful, it was fun to work with.

I know the way it's hanging the bottom looks kind of wonky, but I promise, it isn't.

It's ready to wing its way to Canada as soon as I get the word to send it on.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148005.jpe  
Old 12-26-2010, 12:43 PM

WOW