Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Round Robin

Thanks Jan. We will be using this same thread to post our progress pictures through the year. Subscribe to it and then you will know when we post stuff.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Jaba I didn't know you made that block up! wow. Mine is going to be made up too lol I started with a 10" bear in the middle (printed fabric) framed it with blue texas bluebell fabric now I am thinking I am either going bear paws in the four outer corners and another solid strip between OR a mini checkerboard pattern around it. Mine is blue's, browns, and creams with a touch of green ok too I think. I am hoping to go for a woods/lodge look to it? its for the DH and well out of about 40 choices on the table he grabbed the blue flowers and the bears so .. ok I will go with it. next week it should be posted. We all are going to have so much fun. the variety of colors and styles will keep everyone entertained I think.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    It looked more like a pineapple block around a 4 patch to me.
    I guess it is, I just really started sewing and rotating the 4 blocks to have the floral in the middle. Never made one like this before, but decided I liked it whatever it is.

Jan - no matter it "name" it is beautiful and will be fun to work on.

Linda - I can't wait to see the bears and bluebells together. I think we are going to have fun with yours too. So many things you can do that give a "lodge" feel. Bear paw, maple leaf, pine tree, and acorn blocks all come to mind. Don't forget the lovely woodsy colors.
    Paula

It's a beautiful block! Can't wait to see all the rest of them.
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Jan I received you beautiful center today and I just pulled two fabrics that will go well with it. Don't have a clue what I am going to make my round yet but that will come to me.
    Paula

I can't wait to sit down and sew again!! I am feeling ahh now I am the last one on the train to finish! you guys are all so speedy quick I can see five sitting on my door step to finish before I even unpack! I think the hardest part is while I am NO where near as speedy as Jan I am rarely the last one out the gates.. well it will be all good in maybe .. five days. I figure it takes ten times longer to pack than it takes to unpack your things. lots more fun too and soon my table will be cluttered with cutting tools and fabric and ME!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    AAH Brat, you'll be caught up in no time, no worries. Paula I'm sure you'll come up with something and if by chance someone on any round needs more of my fabric I can send it to you.

Thanks for the confidence Jan. What would you think about the addition of the darker pink from the flowers and a lighter green - both with the gold accents from your main fabric?
    Paula

Blog Entries
    I think that would be fabulous!! Seriously, whatever looks good to you but really do think it would be great! I thought with that fabric it could be the lights and darks of the colors and maybe would be easier as far as matching shades.

Ok here is my block that I finished today. I can't wait to see the finished product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

That is gorgeous. I have seen Kelly's plan for this round and it is going to be great.

All of you beautiful blocks are making me think I should make a different center.
    Paula

NOOOOOOOOOO don't do that we have plans in mind for your block already. Mom and I have been talking about it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    That is gorgeous. I have seen Kelly's plan for this round and it is going to be great.

All of you beautiful blocks are making me think I should make a different center.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Opinions please - this is my idea for Jan's gorgeous center. While the picture is lousey (the top fabric is really a raspberry that matches a color in her black fabric) I hope you will be able to see the "flower" feel I was going for.
    Name:  Idea for Jan.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  135.4 KB
    Paula

I really like that! I am thinking Jan is going to love it too! I am home now in Wyoming so send your center to me! Its a warm muggy day and the breeze is blowing, birds chirping and I am 90 percent unpacked on things I can unpack! a few holiday box's in the corner and I am DONE. now to collapse all those box's.. oh honey....
    Linda

You ladies will have a wonderful time. I have only participated in the last group one that was organized and was one of the unfortunate ones that never got their top back. These will be lovely I know.
    Lisa

Hey Linda- good to hear you are getting settled. I will put mine in the mail to you tomorrow - give you something to look forward to sewing I hope. In the mean time - do try to rest a bit. We don't want you falling out on us.
    Moving is a lot more work than most people realize.
    Paula

Oh Lisa - I am so sorry to hear that you a negative experience with your swap. I believe that is why there are no longer board organized Round Robins.
    All of us in this group have participated in other swaps together on the board and decided that we wanted to do a RR with each other.
    We just wanted to show other quilter our "pretties" as we go on this adventure together.
    Paula

I think I am just fine Paula. I was super tired, the biggest part is the dialysis part. It sort of makes me pooped out a bit for a few hours but then I am regular again! I won't bail on you guys silly goose. I am in it for the duration. Just you wait and see! It is a beautifully cool morning. the fans are running to keep the apartment nice and cool, windows and doors too. a slight breeze. I am ready to tackle my day. I wish the same for all of you, a beautiful morning and a nice day. Oodles of quilting too. Its nice to be unpacked. I will be so happy hanging up my pictures and playing with fabric again. boy do I miss that.
    Linda

Glad to hear you are settling in Linda. Not worried about you bailing on us - I know you better than that - just concerned for your health, don't want you to overdue.

Sounds like you have lovely weather for the time being. We are hot as all get out here in VA right now. Thankful for the breeze though - the humidity just sucks the life out of you if we don't have a breeze.

BTW - how did you get a picture of me to use as your avatar?????
    Paula

Blog Entries
    You ladies are just too funny. Elisabrat, I love your avatar!! Too cute. Paula, I beg to differ with you, that could be me also. (a little around the edges, lol) You all posted some great centers. I can't wait to see them grow! I agree with you, it is hot today. Almost 100 degrees. I surely wish we'd have had a bit more of a breeze. (But, lordy, I am grateful to see the sun.)
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

You ladies are a hoot, can hardly wait to see your pretties! Good health, fair weather, & happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    Kelly still have to trim your 1st border, thought those miters might be my death, but not bad. Will post a pic for you tomorrow and then I am ready to mail.

Please, be sure to include the name of the block used for your centers.
    these are going to be beauties. Tinker

Jaba and I just made something up - no specific pattern was used. Elisabrat is doing the same thing.
    TheMamaHouse used "Storm at Sea"
    Nexxus831 used "God's Eye"

Hope that helps you Tinker
    Paula

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast