Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Round Robin

Dragonfly I received your priority envelope today. Now I have two! I am half way done with yours. I fixed the little side issue and have the length put in.. now to come up with something a tad more exciting on the bottom and top. I lost it when I couldnt mathematically do 1/8th inch solutions. then it all went emotionally down for me so I am sorry its not running out the door. I have two borders I made to go on.. a saw tooth and a braid neither worked and by the time I realized why they didnt fit right it was too late. I had cut them to heck .. so new day new idea. now its all the correct size. phew! bet it will look good though lol..
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Brat - I am sure whatever you come up with will be stunning. I must admit I am a little stuck on Kelly's. Measurements are weird at 29 1/2 inches square.

Kelly - would you be opposed to a fabric that is white with a tiny red leaf on it?
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Dragonfly Nana, I was too, so just put the border on it thinking the next person could "chop" a little if they needed to for the design they wanted to do. I wasn't able to divide by 3 so just added my "quota" to it. Sorry if that messed you up, thought I was doing a favor on Kelly's. So much easier if it is divisible by 3's. As far as I am concerned, feel free to cut some of my border off. Think I measured mine to go by increments of three's for that reason, or I hope so. Kelly , just wondering if you have Melinda's yet?

Jan, No I haven't mailed yet but Kelly is ok with that she knows with the death of my uncle things have been insane for me. I will get it out in the next day or two. Hopefully the healing will begin.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Blog Entries
    I was just curious Melinda, trying to pre-plan a little. Hadn't heard about your uncle, so sorry for the loss of your family member. Healing will begin, it just takes time.

Jaba, thank you. Yeah he had been struggling with ALS for the past three years. We all knew it was coming eventually we were all just hoping for a little more time. It is such a HORRIBLE disease. When I am in a better mental state I want to get involved with our local ALS chapter. The week I was at my parents house is when it happened. Fortunately I got to see him on Tuesday when I got there and then on Friday late night my cousin called me and told us. We rushed in to town to be there for my aunt (my mothers sister) and cousins. It has hit me harder than I anticipated. Like to the point sometimes it is hard to get out of bed and want to wake up. My kids, hubby and family have been my savings grace. Thanks for your wonderful words.
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

I can't wait to see it all, what beautiful centres everyone.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

Blog Entries
    Well this has been a fun thread to stumble upon....feel like I know all you ladies already cause we have interacted on several different threads. I have subscribed to this thread and will enjoy watching the creations. It is helping my creative juices for the RR I am in with y'all staring in October. Every center here is just simply fabulous! 'Nuff said!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

I have finished my round on Dragonfly's 'dragonfly' lol quilt. I hope you like it!
    Name:  dragfly2.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  661.3 KB Name:  dragonfly1.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  649.2 KB
    Linda

Blog Entries
    This is going to be a fabulous RR. All the centers are top notch and watching them evolve is going to be great. I have subscribed to this thread so I can watch them grow. Have fun girls and keep us all entertained.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    Brat, perfect addition to Dragonfly's top, really enhances it!
    Dragonfly I didn't notice until now the background you chose....that is really cool!...it's all the little insects in the marsh and the dragonflies are flitting about happily catching them! Hope that's not a disturbing visual....I think it's awesome.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

wow the centers are just amazing!! I look forward to seeing how these quilts grow and evolve!

CRO
    I just saw this and can't wait to see how all the centers turn out. They are all so beautiful, so are all the additions.
    Brat I really love what you have done with the dragonflies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    Now that the fun has begun - here are all the centers side-by-side. What a lovely and diverse group!

Top Row: Elisabrat, Nexxus831, Lestrong
    Second Row: TheMamaHouser, Jaba, Dragonfly Nana
    Attachment 422292
    Wow, those are all really awesome centers! Very fun to look at
    It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
    Edmund Hillary

breathtaking. what wonderful combinations of colors, shapes, and prints.

Awesome start ladies. I'll be watching with interest, have fun!

Brat - I love it! The thin goldish yellow gives it a rich touch and the blue and green two are perfect additions to keep the "nature" feel.
    Cognito - I had not thought of by background quite that way but I like the your description.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

These are all nice! Jaba, I like that you posted yours as your avatar. Can the others do that? It might help to recognize you all.

Oh, what fun. I am looking forward to keeping up with you guys. Thanks for including us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Delegal View Post
    These are all nice! Jaba, I like that you posted yours as your avatar. Can the others do that? It might help to recognize you all.
    Yes they can if they want to change it, it's up to them.

way to guy everyone, round robins are great!
    Long Arm Quilter and Fabriholic.
    Life cant get any better than that.

I am going to ponder Jaba's center today. I have the raspberry/green edged quilt now to work with for those not playing. I am thinking of extending that green line out to finish at a point but then I end up with just doing a strip around the quilt in the rest of the areas. What say you to this everyone please feel free to kibitz. I need to figure how to do that too btw. its not a magic act for me its tough work doing angles and math. 45 degree angle cut surely. my row is 6.5 inches adding on so its a bit wider. my other thought was to turn that green line in the opposite direction and have it turn into a square on each side... instead of the center green square that I first thought.. oh ideas ideas...
    Linda

Blog Entries
    I'm sure it will be just fine . You can sew here, then I can watch.

Blog Entries
    Sorry Elisabrat, I'm not part of the group and am totally lost on what you will be doing. But it sure sounds interesting. I will be watching to see which direction you go in.

Pretty first rounds ladies. You all started with some pretty and diverse centers. Should be an exciting journey!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Sounds like you gals will be having fun and I will be watching each round of your journey.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast