Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
365 Challenge on Facebook >

365 Challenge on Facebook

365 Challenge on Facebook

Old 04-24-2016, 04:06 AM

Great job on that challenge! I've printed out most of the blocks, but not all. Some did not appeal to me at all, so I'm hoping to substitute a different block for them. I haven't started sewing yet, so who knows if that will ever happen. Also, I'm planning on a scrappy quilt. Time will tell. But your quilt is looking mighty fine!
Old 04-24-2016, 04:37 AM

Very nice - 3 inch blocks, whew -- you did great.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:35 AM

Very nice so far!!! This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay above my challenge rate....LOL.... but I have downloaded the files and I'm thinking about doing only the ones I really like in a bigger size per square.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:38 AM
RST

I'm doing it too, and keeping up.

One of the rules I made for myself starting, which has helped me to keep up, is that I do not rip out seams and redo blocks, even if I make a weird inversion or have a blunted point. I figure that with a quilt this busy, being super persnikkity about tiny variantions simply won't pay off. Plus which, it's symbolic. For a block a day, there are going to be some blocks/days that just don't go as planned or which aren't my favorite. So far, I've only "cheated" / substituted a technique on one block -- that wretched 6 inch block with 18 mitres -- so not my thing.

Your photo looks great. Are you adding more colors with each additional round of blocks, or are you sticking with the established color scheme? So many decisions.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:35 AM

I am only at 21st January, I need to seriously spend some time doing this to catch up.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

I admire your tenacity to make such tiny blocks, it's a great quilt. I can admire it, but I'm afraid I could never make one, blocks are too small.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 AM

Good Job!!!! I am stuck at the end of Feb. Haven't had time to work on them. I have printed all the days though so I hope to get caught up eventually.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM

That is just beautiful!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

Great job. Sounds hard but you are nailing it.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Congratulations on staying with the challenge! Soon you will be 1/3 rd of the way through the year.

I am saving all of the block patterns. I did the January blocks and a few in February and March according to the directions. My original plan was to use them just for ideas and probably enlarge them. I may still go back and do that although I know I will end up with a variety of sizes of blocks because the number of pieces in each one varies. I'm glad to see more 6" blocks now.

I love to read the history of the blocks and am very grateful to the creator of the challenge.

Connie
I know Connie, isn't the history amazing.. I wish the history was on the download , so I could keep that too.