Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5 yard quilt - easy

I have purchased several of those Boline kits and know someone who buys them every change she gets....they are great......

What a thoughtful gesture, and a beautiful quilt! I do have a question - is the label printed or embroidered? I'm label challenged and think yours is wonderful.

nls
    Very pretty--love the colors!!

Love, Love an easy quilt. So pretty and homey looking.
    Vi

Your quilt is very generous and classic! I wouldn't worry about the leopard just go with what you have.
    Linda

OOPS...forgot to add.
    1. This is another quilt I am bookmarking for future reference.
    and 2. Your church is very nice and thoughtful to do this for its members. The church sounds like it has a lovely "family" atmosphere.
    Vi

Blog Entries
    What a special way to celebrate their marriage! I just finished an animal print quilt and the backing is a very nice leopard print that I purchased at Wal-Mart in-store...may be on-line as well.
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

You sure do good work on putting it togheter~~Is beautiful

The blocks are 8 1/2" squares. So 4 1/2" strips for the 4-patch blocks and 2 1/2" strips for the 4 strip rails. It was supposed to be 10 blocks long, but made it 9 instead - big enough. I think it was 7 blocks across.

I think I bought that fabric bundle at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. It's possible it came from the Fabric Cafe booth, but ... also possible it did not!

Love your cat quilt, but ... think I'm going to be more ... neutral. I have until May to figure it out. Well, until April anyway!

All of your posts are so encouraging. At the 98-year-old's funeral (the one I mentioned earlier who started the tradtion of cup towels for our brides and quilts for our grads) the preacher asked for hands to be raised by anyone who had received something hand made by this delightful lady and probably 80% of the people raised hands. I want to give until I can't give anymore - she's my model for what I want to leave behind. Makes me happy!
    So many quilts, so little time.

Beautiful! What a wonderful gift to share with someones starting on their new life together

great quilt! Love the 5 yard patterns

Blog Entries
    I love it , and the colors

Blog Entries
    As a woman who has liked leopard and zebra prints for about 50 years, I'd say find a yard of a nice leopard print on sale and incorporate that with matching colors if you really want to make a quilt that the young lady will especially like, and appreciate the gift even more than she would otherwise.

Lovely quilt. I like the pattern a lot. Looks like it would be fun to make.

As for the "leopard" quilt - I'd use the colors that are commonly found in leopard prints but not the actual leopard print itself. That type of thing seems to change after a while. I made a leopard print quilt for my daughter several years ago and not too long after it was finished, she changed her decorating theme. She is the master at tossing out things she's not using so I imagine the quilt is long gone. I have no idea where she got that infuriating habit of tossing - certainly not from me!

Simply quilts are the best! Love the concept of no fabric left over. What a special thing you are doing for the new couples.
    Make A Good Day!
    Janice P. Roy

Power Poster
    How wonderful that you make quilts for all the newlyweds!
    I'm sure they will be cherished!
    You need to find some quilters to help you!!

Pretty quilt. How about putting a leopard print on the back. JoAnn has it and with coupons, its pretty cheap.

The quilt has a warm feeling.

Beautiful work, Jan.

fabulous quilt .is it possible to send the pattern to me?. My email ID is [email protected] thanks.

I would go with your idea of cream brown back. Leopard prints might be too trendy and you'd want your quilt to be timeless.

Your work is beautiful and it's so thoughtful you would even make the quilts. What a special gift! Wow, you could make me a quilt any day.

Just my opinion, but unless you asked about what color the bride- to- be would like, the mother who was giving suggestions was rude. If it were me in a nice way, I would tell her when I make a gift unless I ask I enjoy deciding the colors and patterns of the gift I'm making.
    My ex mother in law use to cross stitch a baby blanket for all her grandchildren. She was going to do it for great grandchildren. The granddaughter picked out a twin spread to be crossed stitched instead of a baby blanket size. It took my MIL 3x's as long to complete it and she didn't enjoy as much.

For the life of me, I don't understand. When I give a gift, part of the gift is the thought I put into making or buying the gift. Unless I ask particulars, I want to decide what to buy or make.

What a wonderful thing for you to do! Your quilt is absolutely Beautiful! I think I would purchase the yard of fabric and work it in With the others, if it's one of her favorites why not. That is me, But totally up to you. Either way I am not convinced "mother" was intending harm,I know a lot of quilters/piecers that are unsure of what colors may be liked when putting a quilt together and feel she was just suggesting what her daughter might like more. My opinion of course. I think she would be thrilled with whichever and whatever quilt you decide to make. I applaud your endeavor and be sure and show us pictures of all of your beauties!

Wonderful memories you are creating.

I love this quilt...... the colors are awesome...... :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast