Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Affairs of the Heart - Block #8 Photos >

Affairs of the Heart - Block #8 Photos

Affairs of the Heart - Block #8 Photos

Old 06-17-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Great jobs on these!!!!!!! I'm not a participant in this, but I absolutely LOVE checking in from time to time to see how you are doing!! :thumbup: :thumbup: I must say, however, it is SO-O-O-O tempting to join -- if it isn't too late! :?
It's NEVER too late to join as we are just officially beginning. Last week was Week #1 - Block #9 & this week is Week #2 - Block #8. This Sunday will begin Week #3 with Block #10. We are doing a block a week. Go to the bottom of this page & click on Topics List. Click of Affairs of the Heart - the 2nd one from the top. The main thread is called Affairs of the Heart Cyber Sew 2011. On page 1, the very first entry id all the information for this. You can download & print out the schedule & some other information. The direct link to that post is in my signature.

We'd love to have you join along. You can catch up or work at your own pace. The gals whose pictures of other blocks not yet tackled, but posted, are members of the "Jump the Gun" Society. We were just a tad bit anxious to get going. Lesley is the President & CEO (Chief Embroidery Officer) of the JTG. She has finished her top, I think. If it's not completely finished, she's purt'neer close. At the pace she works, she'll have her quilted & bound by 4th of July!

Love ya, Les!

P.S. Can I add you to "the list"?
Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks Elle for the info!! I don't know if I will be able to get the book though (I was just notified yesterday morning that my teaching contract was NOT going to be renewed for the upcoming school year -- so I'm now officially unemployed and absolutely heartbroken about it :cry: :cry: ). So it looks like I'll just be watching from the sidelines. Maybe I can locate some free block patterns on the internet that would be similar to these and make my own version??!! :? What I'm loving about them are the colors you all are using and the touches of embroidery "swirlies" among the leaves and flowers. That's just so-o-o-o pretty!!!! :wink: :wink:

Kathy, thanks for answering my question about what you used. Was the one I was asking about from the new batch or the old batch? I know it certainly upset you about your blocks, but I have to admit that after my jaw dropped I just had to giggle about your geriatric kitty messing on your beautiful blocks!!! I had a kitty one time that did that to one corner of a high school history textbook!!!! I was terrified that I would get in so-o-o-o-o much trouble for it!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I worked and worked cleaning off that cover and putting perfume on it, etc. I finally got it to where you could hardly tell anything had happened to it. I can tell you that I was one happy girl!!!! :D
Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 PM

http://fatcatpatterns.com/Fiesta.html

Patty, this is a link to Fat Cat Patterns who has a BOM called Fiesta. It's quite nice. They are on Block 6, but I think you can still download the first 5. If not, let me know & I'll send them to you. There are some ladies who are doing this instead of AOTH. This site shows 2 colorways - 1 like the AOTH & the other with a cream background.

P.S. Kitty is 17 years old, but still rather frisky and active. I think she's not having potty problems, but needs a temper adjustment. DH took in a dumped puppy 6 years ago. He said the cat needed a puppy. Dufus has been with us for 6 years & the Princess still doesn't want a puppy! :-)
Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 PM

love it louis great colors and very creative
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
http://fatcatpatterns.com/Fiesta.html

Patty, this is a link to Fat Cat Patterns who has a BOM called Fiesta. It's quite nice. They are on Block 6, but I think you can still download the first 5. If not, let me know & I'll send them to you. There are some ladies who are doing this instead of AOTH. This site shows 2 colorways - 1 like the AOTH & the other with a cream background.

P.S. Kitty is 17 years old, but still rather frisky and active. I think she's not having potty problems, but needs a temper adjustment. DH took in a dumped puppy 6 years ago. He said the cat needed a puppy. Dufus has been with us for 6 years & the Princess still doesn't want a puppy! :-)
What a great idea!!! I actually purchased the CD for the Fiesta BOM back in January so I could start the blocks once the school year was over! Well, it's REALLY OVER for me now isn't it??!! :shock: I could add the embroidery to those blocks couldn't I? :? I just wish I could join all of you and make this one. They are so beautiful!! I fell in love with the Fiesta BOM, and that's probably why I'm drawn to the AOTH one. Oh, well. I'll just look, get inspired and do lots and lots of drooling!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about the news of your job Patty - nobody likes to find themselves out of work. This pattern lends itself to scrappy very well, and I only paid about $13 for my book (I think).

As for finishing, I have done all the applique I planned on my big outer borders, just haven't finished the embroidery on them because I'm waiting for more thread to arrive. GRRRRR

I am now set up to applique the final, outer, narrow border. I pieced every scrap of that multi colour fabric I have been using and I think it will just reach, but it might be touch and go as there is a bit of wastage lining up the mitres on the corners.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Patty, you could look around and maybe find the book fairly cheap and then like Lesley says...go scrappy. I love the Fiesta too though. I started downloading that one, but I've been forgetting to do it, so I guess I'll just buy her CD of all the blocks when I get ready to do it. Those blocks do lend themselves to adding embroidery too.

Lesley, I'll cross my fingers that you make it. That waiting for thread is the pits isn't it???
Old 06-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Patty, you could look around and maybe find the book fairly cheap and then like Lesley says...go scrappy. I love the Fiesta too though. I started downloading that one, but I've been forgetting to do it, so I guess I'll just buy her CD of all the blocks when I get ready to do it. Those blocks do lend themselves to adding embroidery too.

Lesley, I'll cross my fingers that you make it. That waiting for thread is the pits isn't it???
Yup!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I finished Block #8 today. I see a lot of errors but I am going to put aside until later. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique. Maybe after 4 more blocks I can get it right.
It looks great for a first attempt at needle turning, I also like the embroidery, Florence
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Losie, love your Block 8. It will be beautiful alongside your other blocks.