Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: All Scrappy Jacob's Ladder/Buckeye Beauty Combo - mini-tut @ posts 92, 96 and 101

  1. #101
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    I went to paints and redrew the block. Let's see if it'll take. thx! I had to go back and convert it from a bmp to a jpg. Sorry about that! n2
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #102
    Super Member jeaninmaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maine, Where else!
    Posts
    1,575
    Great. Thanks for taking the time to do that drawing.

  3. #103
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
    Great. Thanks for taking the time to do that drawing.
    Your welcome! I feel better now knowing you can see how 1 section goes together and use as a sample to do the other 3 in the block. Wow! Paint.net said there was an 'unspecified error in the file' so there was nothing else I could do but quickly run to MS Paints to redraw it. Then the wrong setting was on when I saved it so had to go back and change the setting. Then qb webmaster came on and said I had no authority to make any changes...haha....so it's been quite a challenge today! Well, it's done now!

  4. #104
    Super Member stacey65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    up state ny
    Posts
    1,307
    Super job!
    Happy quilting!

  5. #105
    Super Member northern lass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,310
    Really beautiful quilt

  6. #106
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,232
    This is great!
    SueDor

  7. #107
    Super Member Greenheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Briery Mountain in WV
    Posts
    2,647
    Wow! So vibrant.

  8. #108
    Senior Member shrabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Posts
    440
    What is 4 P ?????? sorry I have only been quilting for 6 years & never heard of a lot of short hand words you use here wish there was a place to look them up.

  9. #109
    Super Member Evelynquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    4,012
    Thank you so much for the tut....will certainly help to use up my scraps

  10. #110
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabar View Post
    What is 4 P ?????? sorry I have only been quilting for 6 years & never heard of a lot of short hand words you use here wish there was a place to look them up.
    So sorry about that! For all you newbies, a 4P = 4Patch. It's a 4 patch block of 2 pairs of 2's sewn together (one pair sewn to another pair). HST's = half-square triangles. When half of the square is a triangle, then we call it a half-square triangle. QST = quarter square triangle (when 1/2 a triangle is sliced in half it becomes a quarter square triangle). There is a place to look for quilting abbreviations on this forum. I'll find the link and post for you to reference.

    Here is the link of quilting abbreviations and their meanings:

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=3335

    n2

  11. #111
    Super Member butterflies5518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,032
    Beautiful job!
    Quilting makes me happy!..

  12. #112
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine View Post
    Great. Thanks for taking the time to do that drawing.
    I'm just confused... I'd LOVE to make this stunning quilt but just can't seem to understand the directions. Is it just me? Is there a full tutorial for it anywhere? I hope so! My scraps need to live in a beautiful quilt like this one!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

  13. #113
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    I'm just confused... I'd LOVE to make this stunning quilt but just can't seem to understand the directions. Is it just me? Is there a full tutorial for it anywhere? I hope so! My scraps need to live in a beautiful quilt like this one!!!
    Hi burchquilts! Thanks for loving this lap quilt and wanting to make it. Here are the only 2 pics you need to put the whole quilt together. The directions are on each pic:

    Here are the pics of the 2 blocks I alternated to make this quilt; 10 4P with 10 star blocks.
    Attached Images



    Let me know what part is hard for you and I'll explain online (just in case someone else needs it explained also). I sure hope this helps. It can't get any easier than looking at the pic with the directions typed on. I hope we can clear up wherever it seems difficult. Let me know. Am anxious to see you make one and how it will turn out! Our fabrics are all different and it'll produce a beautiful quilt no matter what colors you use!

  14. #114
    Super Member 4EVERquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lakewood, Co. Native-New Mexican
    Posts
    4,032
    That is one beautiful scrappy!!
    will quilt 4EVER

  15. #115
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    6,447
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Great quilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by n2scraplvr View Post
    Hi burchquilts! Thanks for loving this lap quilt and wanting to make it. Here are the only 2 pics you need to put the whole quilt together. The directions are on each pic:
    Here are the pics of the 2 blocks I alternated to make this quilt; 10 4P with 10 star blocks.
    Attached Images



    Let me know what part is hard for you and I'll explain online (just in case someone else needs it explained also). I sure hope this helps. It can't get any easier than looking at the pic with the directions typed on. I hope we can clear up wherever it seems difficult. Let me know. Am anxious to see you make one and how it will turn out! Our fabrics are all different and it'll produce a beautiful quilt no matter what colors you use!
    Awesome! Yes, those make perfect sense now! Could you tell me the order of layout for the blocks? In the top? I know I should be able to figure it out but we all know my thinker ain't what it used to be... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

  16. #116
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
    Awesome! Yes, those make perfect sense now! Could you tell me the order of layout for the blocks? In the top? I know I should be able to figure it out but we all know my thinker ain't what it used to be... LOL!
    Yes! Here's the layout:

    * Row 1 = 4Patch, Star, 4Patch, Star

    * Row 2 = Star, 4Patch, Star, 4Patch

    * Row 3 = 4Patch, Star, 4Patch, Star

    * Row 4 = Star, 4Patch, Star, 4Patch

    * Row 5 = 4Patch, Star, 4Patch, Star

    You will have 5 rows of 4 blocks each! I made it easy for everyone by identifying a Star block and a 4P block so when you put these together, it won't be so much of a puzzle. Joining 10 blocks with 10 other blocks in an alternating fashion makes it easy. You'll know if you have a Star block, you'll need a 4P block next! duh....

    You know, it's so true, that we can get so turned around and have things sewn upside down and inside out if we aren't careful so making these great BIG blocks simplifies things and holds down the 'confusing' factor!! lol.lol.

    Also, at the top of the thread it says the mini-tut is at 3 different posts so you may want to refer to those. I may have given some tips there. Also, you will need to refer to the diagram I drew for the positioning of the 4P's. The order starts off with L, D, D, L. When you sew your pairs of darks/lights together, it will be placed as light, dark, dark, light for the first row. Then your 2nd row will be just the opposite: dark, light, light and dark.

    On my quilt, I got things turned around (oh, how easy it is) and one block is out of order. In the 4th row, the 2nd block is a 4P block and the first two rows are reverse of what they should be. I took the block apart and thought I had corrected it only to find out it was still wrong......hahah.....lol...so be careful with turning yours pairs the right way when they are on the design wall. No one will notice if it's wrong.....it'll just add more beauty to the quilt!

    Well, I sure hope this answers lots of ? and if you can think of anything else, shoot it out there and we'll see if we can't tackle this baby!! Happy scrappy quilting to you and we can't wait to see it! n2

  17. #117
    Senior Member CarolLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    618
    Beautiful!! I Love Scrappy Quilts!!

  18. #118
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolLady View Post
    Beautiful!! I Love Scrappy Quilts!!
    Thank you, CarolLady! This is one of my favorite quilts so far! I think I'm going to make another!

  19. #119
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    181
    Beautiful! Love them.

  20. #120
    Super Member blondeslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Airmont, NY
    Posts
    3,229
    Beautiful quilt!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.