Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another 1930's quilt finished >

Another 1930's quilt finished

Another 1930's quilt finished

Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

one of the prettiest I have seen
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Thank you to all that have helped me find the last issue of Quilters Newsletter that I needed. Now I am wating for all copies to arrive and hope that I bought the correct copies. It is a tough way to get a pattern but the quilt is sooo lovely. IF anyone hears that Sharon Shambers will release her tutorial on how to make this quilt, please post it on the QB since there are so many of us who would like to make it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by ckhowe View Post
THanks to all who gave information on this quilt pattern. I checked the 2004 Quilters Newsletter index of articles online and it shows that this quilt was a series of articles, issues #361 - #366.
I was able to find all six issues on ebay, from a variety of sellers, so eventually will be able to have the entire article. Not the most economical way to get a pattern, but this quilt is so special, it's worth every penny!!! I can't wait for the magazines to arrive! Thanks again!
Thank you also for helping me find the September issue that I needed.....I can't wait.. I do better if I can follow a tutorial so MAYBE Sharon Shambers will release her tutorial again... We can always hope!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Buying copies of the magazine on e-bay and amazon.com worked for me...it was rather costly for a pattern, but now I have it and I am sooo happy.
Now I HAVE TO MAKE it in order to rationalize the cost.

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
Tulip43, thanks for posting the name. I did a google search for it and found it was published in a 2004 quiltersnewsletter magazine. And that Shanon Schambers had it posted on her website for a while with a pdf tutorial. But the links to those sites were dead. And I couldn't find any place that has it for sale. Went to the 2004 magazine site and they didn't have that back issue. But if anyone else finds out where we can get it I would love for you to share it with us. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LoisM View Post
Oh, Lordy! That's simply gorgeous! You HAND-QUILTED it?? I bow down to your skill.
Yes, the pieceing is beautiful. I am not taking anything away from the stunning piecing it would be goregous on its own. The quilting on the other hand is out of this world. I have never handquilted so I have no idea what goes into the journey. How long did this take you? Did you work on this all day everyday? There are not enough words to say how awed I am. I bow down to you and all the other hand quilters. I have enough trouble doing my machine quilting. I guess you must be a "MASTER". Thanks for sharing with us. BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 10-02-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM

What a beautiful quilt, the hand quilting is wonderful!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
Thank you also for helping me find the September issue that I needed.....I can't wait.. I do better if I can follow a tutorial so MAYBE Sharon Shambers will release her tutorial again... We can always hope!!!
Hello all--Gene Schamber got back to me. He says he can print out the pattern for $15/order! Email him your name and address, he will snail mail the pattern to you and you pay by check or PayPal. Gene's email is : Gene Schamber <[email protected]>. Cheers, and post photos of your Hearts and Apron Strings Masterpiece next year!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by frannella View Post
Hello all--Gene Schamber got back to me. He says he can print out the pattern for $15/order! Email him your name and address, he will snail mail the pattern to you and you pay by check or PayPal. Gene's email is : Gene Schamber <[email protected]>. Cheers, and post photos of your Hearts and Apron Strings Masterpiece next year!
Gene's e-mail address should read "schamber @npgcable.com" without the quotes. I think when I typed his address the first time within arrow brackets, the text between the arrow brackets didn't print out. Sorry.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM

SEW very pretty. love the delicate fabrics, nice quilting
Old 10-04-2012, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Hearts and Apron Strings Quilt Pattern

Originally Posted by jeanharville View Post
Tulip43, thanks for posting the name. I did a google search for it and found it was published in a 2004 quiltersnewsletter magazine. And that Shanon Schambers had it posted on her website for a while with a pdf tutorial. But the links to those sites were dead. And I couldn't find any place that has it for sale. Went to the 2004 magazine site and they didn't have that back issue. But if anyone else finds out where we can get it I would love for you to share it with us. Thanks.
Hi,

I'm learning to quilt, and very new at it I might add. However, I've already learned when you see something you like you go ahead and get it or get the pattern, or even buy the gadget then....don't wait. So, I am inquiring, has anyone found where you might be able to obtain the Hearts and Apron Strings Quilt Pattern, or if someone can or would even publish it again for sale?

Thanks to all!
Bobbie