Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another dog. >

Another dog.

Another dog.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:36 PM

Thank you Feathers.
Attached Thumbnails img_13641.jpg   img_13751.jpg  
Old 05-13-2007, 03:13 PM

Vicky -- where do you find the patterns for your dog quilts? I would love to do a dachshund one. Barb C
Attached Thumbnails back.jpg   fan-border-2.jpg  
Old 05-14-2007, 07:04 AM

Try this site. I love just looking at the different blocks.
http://www.silverliningsoriginals.com/cc/c.html.

Let me know when you do a Doberman or Rottweiler> I would love to see them!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Did you want pieced or appliquéd as mine are? I personally don't like the pieced ones. IMHO it makes the dog's face look fractured liked you're looking through glass. That may be what you like though.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:09 PM

Dana738,

Here is a website I found that has my beloved Doberman as well as a Poodle for my parents, a Dachsund a Rottweiller and quite a few more.

You pay a yearly membership fee and can print as many of the patterns as you like during that year.

There is a problem I've discovered when I printed the Dobie and Poodle.
It does not tell you how many colors they used, how much material to get (except for the background and borders), or which pieces are the different colors. I wrote last week about that and still have not heard back from them. Before you pay, I suggest you contact them and let them know of the problems you heard of and ask if they have been taken care of. I went to two quilt stores for help. Both places could not tell how many different shades of black, for instance, were needed to complete the project, and were dismayed at the lack of the above mentioned information.

http://www.nmia.com/~mgdesign/qor/mascot/mascot.htm

Good luck, and if you decide to use this, don't forget to post a picture!
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM

That is the one I use. They figure for the cheap cost that you can figure those questions out for yourself. I do. I just pick some fabric that looks good and go for it. :}
Attached Thumbnails attachment-211392.bmp   attachment-211393.bmp   attachment-211394.bmp   attachment-211398.bmp   attachment-211399.bmp  

attachment-211400.jpe   attachment-211401.bmp   attachment-211402.bmp   attachment-211405.bmp   attachment-211406.bmp  

attachment-211411.bmp   attachment-211412.bmp  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:13 AM

[quote=Celeste]There is a problem I've discovered when I printed the Dobie and Poodle.
It does not tell you how many colors they used, how much material to get (except for the background and borders), or which pieces are the different colors. I wrote last week about that and still have not heard back from them. Before you pay, I suggest you contact them and let them know of the problems you heard of and ask if they have been taken care of. I went to two quilt stores for help. Both places could not tell how many different shades of black, for instance, were needed to complete the project, and were dismayed at the lack of the above mentioned information.

Well, they wrote back and pointed out that they let us know on the website that we wouldn't get those things! I still would do it for the patterns. Just a little disapointed since I'm not one of those people comfortable with picking colors!

I did remember something I'd heard or read before, and discovered that printing the picture in black and white helps some to distinguish the different blacks, etc.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM

Hi, I too am planning a couple of quilts about dogs and cats. My grandaughter is a vet tech and animals are a part of our lives. I do paper piecing and found a book on birds and dogs. The birds turned out great but the quilt isn't finished yet. Photo to come.

A friend sends me lots of email with cute dog and cat pictures. I have transfered them to fabric and am just getting started to make two more quilts. Ah, the joys of being retired and living alone. I can even quilt at three in the morning and nobody minds. Not even my three dogs and two cats.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Boo
I have a black and tan long hair chihuahua, if you need inspiration. LOL His name is Zippy and was named for obvious reasons. Getting him to sit still for a portrait would be impossible. I do adore your dog renditions. You truly are an artist.
I have a West Pecos Chihuahua (aka Great Dane) named Wagnes for also obvious reasons. You don't leave food on the table and you don't leave glasses on the coffee table.

Nice dog quilts.

tim
Old 07-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Nice work....